More on New Medicare Card Issuance

Texasmark

I got the correspondence out of the trash and had a closer look at it. The return address stamped on the envelope indicated that it was from the Center for Medicare Services center in Baltimore. The stamp was envelope printed, official business, 1st class, CMS paid the fee and had their permit number #G-28.....that pretty much authenticates the letter.
They said that I was being issued a new card as they found problems with my old card........ The medical facility where I have most of my work done apparently had a (Hiccup) the lady at their business office told me....face to face and she showed me a memo pad with about 10 or so pages of line items from complainers that she had received.

That Hiccup caused me to be sent me a bill for $5701 from a provider for a treatment I had many times (CT Scan) when I had never had to pay anything over the medicare paid amount for that service and I signed an electronic statement to the effect that I would not owe more for their services than CMS paid. So I sent a formal complaint to CMS, with a copy of the invoice, asking a few questions about the medicare approved amount vs what they paid and why I received a bill for more than they paid this time. This was apparently the trigger mechanism for my new card being issued.

The envelope contained 2 printed sheets, both front and back (which is the way the govt. saves paper) and gave me a date at which the new card would be effective and if I had any problems a phone number was provided both with CMS logos on both sides of the pages, top and bottom.

So, contrary to a concern covering this subject earler today in this Forum, we do get new numbers from CMS after all, without asking. I'm submitting this account to help others that may have problems or questions concerning the Center for Medicare Services policy and authentication of their official correspondence.

Yup, your best defense is to call them directly, at a number that is either on your current card, or on paperwork from your billing. There are still scams going on from the "medicare service center", asking if you got your new plastic card. The exact name matters. steve

As I said before, SOMEBODY had to ask to trigger the correspondence. You asked a question that started the whole thing going and ended up with a new card. This was the result of questioning that charge. And, you VERIFIED it. Good job!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back