More progress on 830 com

jon f mn

Got the com inbthe 830 today,but not without some difficulty. Started by building a lifting arm to put it in. Took a couple tries to get it right. First made the upright too short to go over the housing, then didn't make it stick out from the com enough to get it all the way on. This one needed 2" spacers to get it out away from the com, but then it worked good.

20240413_132118.jpg

Second issue was the seal ring on the live power shaft that goes through the bushing in the com. This pic shows the slot in the shaft where you can see the step in the slot.

20240409_174207.jpg

The ring goes in the deeper section, but when in the less deep part won't go in the bushing. When you slide the shaft in the ring gets pushed onto the shallow end then won go in. Fought that a long time, used all my naughty words and cam up short. Thought about calling a neighbor to borrow some of his, bit called an expert for advice instead. We talked about all the ideas itrued already, using a zip tie to compress the ring, but that wouldn't get tight enough. Tried a hose clamp, but when that was tight enough it wouldn't slide on the shaft. Tried just working it in with a flat screw driver and pick with no luck. John Saeli's advice was to put both the old and new ring in the slot, but both won't fit, and even the old one won't fit in when over the shallow end. Finally decided to try a rubber o-ring behind the ring to hold it. Tookthe thinnest ring from my kit and way too small so it stretched tight. With that in it went right in. Then just cut the o-ring out, I didn't want to leave it in since it's not supposed to be there. After that it went in OK.

20240413_154048.jpg

Those bolts that hold the unit in are a joy to get to as well. Especially that one on the top in back.

20240413_154143.jpg

Almost can't get your hand in there to get to it and a ratchet can only get one click per turn. Used a few bad words on that too. But once done it seemed to work and turn good. Putting the engine back to the rear end had a small issue, I was just putting in the bolts and realized I forgot the gasket, so had to move it apart again to put that in.

Also got the pto in and adjusted .

20240413_172051.jpg
20240413_175421.jpg

20240413_181606.jpg

That was as far as I got yesterday. Today I'll finish the com pump and filter and valve. I will also rebuild the 3pt valve while I'm at it, then reassemble the rest. Hope to have it running today.

Got the com inbthe 830 today,but not without some difficulty. Started by building a lifting arm to put it in. Took a couple tries to get it right. First made the upright too short to go over the housing, then didn't make it stick out from the com enough to get it all the way on. This one needed 2" spacers to get it out away from the com, but then it worked good.

View attachment 67065

Second issue was the seal ring on the live power shaft that goes through the bushing in the com. This pic shows the slot in the shaft where you can see the step in the slot.

View attachment 67066

The ring goes in the deeper section, but when in the less deep part won't go in the bushing. When you slide the shaft in the ring gets pushed onto the shallow end then won go in. Fought that a long time, used all my naughty words and cam up short. Thought about calling a neighbor to borrow some of his, bit called an expert for advice instead. We talked about all the ideas itrued already, using a zip tie to compress the ring, but that wouldn't get tight enough. Tried a hose clamp, but when that was tight enough it wouldn't slide on the shaft. Tried just working it in with a flat screw driver and pick with no luck. John Saeli's advice was to put both the old and new ring in the slot, but both won't fit, and even the old one won't fit in when over the shallow end. Finally decided to try a rubber o-ring behind the ring to hold it. Tookthe thinnest ring from my kit and way too small so it stretched tight. With that in it went right in. Then just cut the o-ring out, I didn't want to leave it in since it's not supposed to be there. After that it went in OK.

View attachment 67067

Those bolts that hold the unit in are a joy to get to as well. Especially that one on the top in back.

View attachment 67068

Almost can't get your hand in there to get to it and a ratchet can only get one click per turn. Used a few bad words on that too. But once done it seemed to work and turn good. Putting the engine back to the rear end had a small issue, I was just putting in the bolts and realized I forgot the gasket, so had to move it apart again to put that in.

Also got the pto in and adjusted .

View attachment 67069View attachment 67070
View attachment 67072

That was as far as I got yesterday. Today I'll finish the com pump and filter and valve. I will also rebuild the 3pt valve while I'm at it, then reassemble the rest. Hope to have it running today.
Jon: Who was that smart guy that suggested the O Ring?? He must be a bastion of intelligence!! I would like to learn more about the Spring used to separate the clutch pack that was mentioned in the earlier post.

Jon: Who was that smart guy that suggested the O Ring?? He must be a bastion of intelligence!! I would like to learn more about the Spring used to separate the clutch pack that was mentioned in the earlier post.
That was case nutty himself.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back