My 05 F 150 tires

37chief

I am about ready for some new tires on my F 150. Anyone used Hankook tires? The ones I am looking at can go up to 50 lbs. If I ever have to tow my mowing tractor trailer. That should do for short trips. Any thoughts? Stan

I am about ready for some new tires on my F 150. Anyone used Hankook tires? The ones I am looking at can go up to 50 lbs. If I ever have to tow my mowing tractor trailer. That should do for short trips. Any thoughts? Stan
My 2016 F150 came with Hankook tires. I replaced them at 47,000 miles with no problems. Nor problems with the next set either. I don't pull heavy loads though, no more than 2000#.

Got just short of 50,000 on the Hankooks on my 04 1/2 ton truck. Put the same tire back on and a set of 10 ply Hankooks on my Dodge Cummins.

I don't drive my truck very many miles a year. Usually have to replace them because they're old, not worn, so I buy the cheapest (and freshest) tires Walmart has to offer. After ten years I buy new and give the old ones away with the understanding that they are ten years old.

I have them on both my F250 and F150 and my son has them on his Chevy 3/4 ton. No complaints and mine are excellent in the snow. We run the tires rated for trucks as we haul/pull campers, cattle trailers, utility trailers and haul firewood.

I have not bought brand new tires for any of the vehicles I have had in the past 30 years.
When the current tires are nearing replacement, I start looking on CL or FB Marketplace.
Like my 2003 Avy that now rides on 2019 Silverado rims and tires that popped up on FBM in 2019 for 1/3 the price of just new tires.
I have always been able to find a new set of O.E.M. aluminum rims with new tires before I really really needed them.
Every time they were new takeoffs from new vehicles bought by those that immediately replaced their rims and tires with aftermarket replacements.

It helps if you are near a military base as those younger military boys and girls like to bling out their new vehicles.

The above works if your willing to ride on O.E.M. stuff of course.

I just replaced the worn-out Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires on my 2012 F-150. Got about 50k miles out of them but in all honesty I probably ran them 5k longer than I should have. They were decent tires but they were noisier on the road than what I care for. I drive on a lot of sand/gravel roads and did notice quite a bit of chunking of the tread blocks. I replaced them with Yokohama Geolander A/T's and so far believe I made a good choice.

There's typically no need to go with a heavier tire than what the truck was originally equipped with as everything was designed to work together for the loads the truck is rated for. Even if you did go with a heavier LT tire you wouldn't want to run a higher pressure than what the door post label indicates or the tires would wear funny, ride rough, and have poor traction.

Just replaced the Hankooks at 34000 miles on our 2019 Expedition. They were the tires that came on it, and I was never impressed with those tires. All 4 tires wore evenly, they just all wore out. Replaced them with Firestone Destination le3's, I've used le2's before, they wore good and rode good.

I'm surprised there isn't more aversion to Hankook because of the whole, "sounds Chinese" thing.

I have had Hankooks Dynapro load range E on my Chevy 3500, since 2014. No complaints. Good off road, but not great in snow.

I have ran Hankook, Goodyear, Nitto, and Coopers. So far the Cooper AT3 have had the best longevity for the gravel miles I run. You still get some chunking of the lugs.

Inflation PSI doesn't mean much. What load range and size are the tires??
Inflation PSI doesn't mean much. What load range and size are the tires??
I haven't decided on any particular tire. I would like to have a load range E, just incase MY Dodge 3500 lets me down. I foe now I will probably just get good standard load tires. All I am dealing with is trailer tong weight. Stan

I put some Hankook Kynergy PT,s on my wife's minivan. They are very good tires. I have my second set on the van. Very good treadwear rating. Over 700 I believe.

I'm surprised there isn't more aversion to Hankook because of the whole, "sounds Chinese" thing.

I have had Hankooks Dynapro load range E on my Chevy 3500, since 2014. No complaints. Good off road, but not great in snow.
Korean company made right here in Clarksville Tenn

I am a Ford Dealer if you give me the size and the model I can see what UT code they have and what would be a fair price to pay .

A lot that go into tire selection
In addition to the poly rating look at the load index to get the highest load carrying capacity in a gives range. An informative article

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back