My Aunt Margret

My aunt Margret died at the age of 97 last Friday. The funeral was Tuesday and I was a Pall Bearer for the 17th time in my life. I feel like that's the last thing I can do for someone so I don't mind at all. As we were going to the cemetery we passed a house that had a tractor and some equipment for sale. I've been looking for an angle 7' blade for some time now because I wanted it to stick out past the tires on my 3000 when angled to clean out my driveway and spread gravel. After the funeral on the way back I stopped and sure enough there was a 7' in pretty good shape just needed one place welded but other wise very nice. Well I said to myself I bet he wants an arm and leg for it. No one answered the door so I called the phone number on the sign and a man answered. I told him I was standing there looking at the stuff and wondered what he wanted for the blade. He said well I'll take a hundred for it. I said I'll take it. So it seems that while I was saying my good byes to my aunt and helping her she smiled down at me and put what I needed in my hands for hardly nothing. I would have never went by that place if it hadn't been for the funeral. I visited my dads grave while there. Thanks aunt Margret and tell daddy what a deal I got!

I was pall bearer for most of my aunts and uncles, plus old family friends, neighbors, etc.

I have no idea how many times.

When my uncle "Paul" passed away, I was a real Paul bearer.

Now a true redneck would have stopped the funeral and bought it before the services and got the guys to help you load it... on the hearse if needed. Sorry, couldnt resist the vision of my family. My uncle was late for a funeral as he shot a deer on the way out to the funeral. He had a bit of blood on his white shirt, but a big smile otherwise.

Ha, I had an uncle Paul myself and I didn't participate formally in the his funeral at all (but I did attend) so I wasn't a Paul bearer or a pall bearer either.

My sister called Tuesday evening. My uncle passed that morning. He was 99 years old. Hope i don't quite get that old.

I also had an ?Uncle Paul.? When he died his final arrangements requested me to speak at his funeral. That was totally unexpected by me, and I had never done that before, but I felt very honored to be asked to do it.

I was told about an old timer down the road that years ago when his wife died he told the undertaker the funeral had to be on Monday or
Wednesday, because Tuesday he had a field of hay to get made.

It may or may not have gone down that way w/ my family. Either way, the folks would understand.

Condolences on your loss

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back