My observation concerning new format

I only hope YT s new format doesn't do to YT what e-bays new format did to e-bay. e-bay was a very heavily used site with hundreds of new listings daily. They changed format and BOOM, they lost it. I check their new listings daily, only a handful, small handful.

Are you posting from a PC? You can click & drag a pic from a folder on your computer & drop it right in the text box here. Double space after your last sentence to give it a decent spacing & to give yourself an area to drop the pic in.

View attachment 615

I use space/text/space for typing between.

View attachment 616

Oh.... hit ENTER/RETURN after the pic pops up in the box to put the cursor under it to continue.

Mike
Hi Mike ,,. This is the thread i thought i was responding too ,,.. Dont know how i fell into the twi light Zone and ended up responding to a 5 yr. old post ,,.

I only hope YT s new format doesn't do to YT what e-bays new format did to e-bay. e-bay was a very heavily used site with hundreds of new listings daily. They changed format and BOOM, they lost it. I check their new listings daily, only a handful, small handful.
I've been on Ebay since a couple months after it's inception. You're not kidding. Lately, the search engine is half useless. At times you have to put the item you're looking for in quotes to have it look for specifically that or you get 200 returns for Farmall parts instead of a Farmall parts catalog. Sometimes the quotes don't work.

The level of shysters hasn't changed a bit either.

I also remember when the Business & Industrial listings were not banned from their eBay cash scam program. Racked up some serious coin, buying a couple tractors & a ton of parts.

Glad to see you stuck around. Have fun with it!!

Mike

Edit: Also... I don't want to speak out of turn for the owners of this site or the admin..... but I think this forum is run somewhat autonomously from the parts biz & we shouldn't have much to worry about.

and like WHAM-O I get tossed here from the Hoye Yanmar YMOwners.com tractor forum merged from last night.

:LOL:

You'll find me in the Yanmar and Deere sections. Maybe some Cub Cadets as Yanmars too. Oh, are there RK tractors here?
Yanmar is everywhere now. LOL
Maverick, welcome to YT. I suppose you can tell who I am by
and like WHAM-O I get tossed here from the Hoye Yanmar YMOwners.com tractor forum merged from last night.

You'll find me in the Yanmar and Deere sections. Maybe some Cub Cadets as Yanmars too. Oh, are there RK tractors here?
Hello Maverick welcome to YT! I suppose you may recognize me from my similar handle on the Tractor Forum. I was here quite some time before I joined the TF about a year ago. You should have seen the “two view mess” we had here before this update. If you looked around here much you probably found out we have quite a group that liked the Classic view layout we used to have. It was just on a platform that just would not work to fill the current needs and updates. We will hopefully drag them along with us and get them up and enjoying the info and knowledge sharing as we have in the past. I forget we have PM now so some of this may have been better shared one on one. But I typed it here now so I may as well hit the “Post” button.

from what I am reading elsewhere, that WHAM-O snaffoo is on the former host of the YMOwners forum.
Without YT absorbing it into this site at the last minute, it was about to be turned off.

I'm sure that to the ones who used Modern, it's a huge improvement, since that was crap too, but to those of us who always used Classic, I for one, feel like my dog died. This is a sorry replacement for what we liked for 20 years.
I agree with you, I hate the new stuff. That is why this was the only site I ever went to. Now I may disapear and never learn enough about tractors.

Please read the some of the same threads in both the unthreaded version and the threaded version, they are laid out different. Unthreaded the posts just fall one under the other as they were posted in time, like Modern did. Threaded they follow the post they are replying to even if there are other post after the one the reply is to, like Classic did. Right now, there are 5 posts made after the one of yours I am replying to, let's see if this lands right after your post.

Outside of the fact that you can't just go to the index page of the threaded view forum and scan down the list to see who posted to a thread and when (like you could on the old Classic), how is the actual threaded view so much different than the old Classic when you open and read the thread? I am just guessing here, but I am thinking not having that index is your biggest issue with the new layout, you actually have to go to a thread and read it to see who posted to it, so it isn't "people friendly" to you. Thread posts drop in under the post they reply to IF the poster used the reply and quotes in the text box of the post they were replying to and there is a time and date stamp on each post.

I apologize if that's incorrect thinking, but something is driving your repeating basically this same thing over and over. And it's not because you can't tell who is talking to who if you read the thread.

In some ways it is too bad they worked so hard to keep Classic going for so long, but they accommodated the Classic users wishes as long as they could for numerous reasons. Regular smaller changes over the years likely would have resulted in less "sticker shock" now. Be thankful you had it as long as you did and please give the new system a chance.

Edit: Yup, it inserted right after your post, and it indented too.
Not sure about all you wrote, but here goes. In the old classic I could click on tractor talk or tales. scroll down and see every discussion and who posted on it. If I read this after 5 people have answered or posted, then come back 6 hours later I can see 5-10 more have posted so I can read there's as well. Now I have to open every discussion and read to see if someone has posted. or if a question is asked by the 10th person I could see if someone answered him and if I wanted to know the answer I could click on that only. I can't sit here for 5 hours in a day to open and read everything to find what I'm looking for. Like this post I make I will never be able to se if you replied to it. I also have bad I sight so everything is huge and I can barely see what I typed on my 25 inch screen, as it fills the whole thing

from what I am reading elsewhere, that WHAM-O snaffoo is on the former host of the YMOwners forum.
Without YT absorbing it into this site at the last minute, it was about to be turned off.
One thing I loved out of the migration is, All of those YMOwner sub-forum sections are now combined into 1. What a huge savings it is now to search and find stuff. Prior it was search and peck, then again, search and peck.

I did a search here last night on the BullDog loaders. It was AMAZING to get it all in 1 shot. Super amazing! It's just like TBN and the Yanmar section. :love:

This alone would be a help for the HT people to use this site now.

OK, I'm off to create another thread. The Yanmar section will be busy. ;)

Not sure about all you wrote, but here goes. In the old classic I could click on tractor talk or tales. scroll down and see every discussion and who posted on it. If I read this after 5 people have answered or posted, then come back 6 hours later I can see 5-10 more have posted so I can read there's as well. Now I have to open every discussion and read to see if someone has posted. or if a question is asked by the 10th person I could see if someone answered him and if I wanted to know the answer I could click on that only. I can't sit here for 5 hours in a day to open and read everything to find what I'm looking for. Like this post I make I will never be able to se if you replied to it. I also have bad I sight so everything is huge and I can barely see what I typed on my 25 inch screen, as it fills the whole thing
As I said to old, it sounds like your issue is the index page missing a list of the posts and posters, which let you see the content without visiting the thread. I understand that, maybe it can be done in the future, maybe not; that is a question for Chris and his group. The thread view lays out very much like the old Classic for reading, at least to me.

Rather surprised at the struggles some are having adapting to the new YT. This site now closely resembles most other sites I am familiar with and frequent. It almost seems that the only format they know is the old YT. Do they not frequent enough other sites to be more familiar with what we have here now? As I said in another post, every site has it's quirks and way of displaying things. You have to learn the details for every site you visit. We all had to learn how YT worked when we first joined, right???? That should be no different than learning how the new YT works. The old site was on the verge of being irreparably broken as I understand it. There were security concerns also. How much wailing and gnashing of teeth would we have had here had there been a security breach of personal information??

Give it time and try to learn how the new site works. Patience, Grasshopper.
I continue to ask; how do you know you looked at or responded to a thread? If you have a definitive answer besides memory, PLEASE start a new thread and explain how it is done. Don't explain it here, because chances are I won't ever see it again.

I continue to ask; how do you know you looked at or responded to a thread? If you have a definitive answer besides memory, PLEASE start a new thread and explain how it is done. Don't explain it here, because chances are I won't ever see it again.
EZ PZ, do this ...
1704041223696.png

I never did figure out the old way, so this new setup is a welcome improvement.
Same here, I found the classic view similar to looking at an old email or an early internet. Clicking on a post and not seeing the rest of the thread or what they were responding to made it almost unusable to me. I welcome the new format.
With the new format, when a thread title is bold, there are new posts since you last looked at it. If it isn't bold, you've read all of it previously.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back