My observation concerning new format

I hate that sometimes I have to hit back 3 or 4 times before it backs up to the previous page.
Not always.
Ran into it most so far on the photo ads.
Takes twice when I reply to a thread to get backed out to the forum.

Knowing who's talking to whom is easy. If you're posting a reply to someone in a thread use the reply button, it quotes what they posted and your reply. I'm not sure if there is an easier way to know. Classic view seems to be a bunch of separate responses not necessarily related to one another, and I couldn't understand how to respond without "cutting in". This is a much smoother format to me.

As I said to old, it sounds like your issue is the index page missing a list of the posts and posters, which let you see the content without visiting the thread. I understand that, maybe it can be done in the future, maybe not; that is a question for Chris and his group. The thread view lays out very much like the old Classic for reading, at least to me.
I also lied the old one as if I look at it today and Larrythecornerguy posted about something he was building again, I want to see it 2-3 days later. I knew about how many pages I needed to go back by what the other topics were in relation to it. now if someone replies to it it ends up on front page and they all do it so the order is always changing. It is easy to remember what was in front or behind a post and now it keeps changing. Just one of the first world problems for some of us. I have a good memory of some stuff and often came back 3-5 gays later and would scroll down jump to page 4 and know weather I saw that post or not and know if I go forward or back. Now I will have to figure out a different way if at all. some like it some don't. I went looking for Larry's posts on tales and couldn't find anything new so either he didn't post or I just can't find it yet. was easy before.

Thank God this site got an update, I can understand why old timers may be having issues with the change of format, but I also feel a little change is necessary for the site to remain functional and relevant as the old format was twenty years out of date.

The biggest improvements I think are the ability to send PM's and especially the ease of uploading images, before it was nothing but a hassle.

Want to know what threads you have activity with and others posted as well, then hit the BELL,
IF it interests you then pick from the list. :)

1704079078889.png

I also lied the old one as if I look at it today and Larrythecornerguy posted about something he was building again, I want to see it 2-3 days later. I knew about how many pages I needed to go back by what the other topics were in relation to it. now if someone replies to it it ends up on front page and they all do it so the order is always changing. It is easy to remember what was in front or behind a post and now it keeps changing. Just one of the first world problems for some of us. I have a good memory of some stuff and often came back 3-5 gays later and would scroll down jump to page 4 and know weather I saw that post or not and know if I go forward or back. Now I will have to figure out a different way if at all. some like it some don't. I went looking for Larry's posts on tales and couldn't find anything new so either he didn't post or I just can't find it yet. was easy before.
Easiest way I know of to combat this is to go to that person's avatar (in this case, LarryTheCornerGuy) and find the thread you're looking for in their posts.

Now that there is a search function, that might even be easier. Haven't tried it yet, so only guessing.

I continue to ask; how do you know you looked at or responded to a thread? If you have a definitive answer besides memory, PLEASE start a new thread and explain how it is done. Don't explain it here, because chances are I won't ever see it again.
You got to this thread and posted this repeated request, you certainly can do it again.
You also have been given several ways to accomplish what you are asking for.

Here is another: Click on "Find Threads" (circled in purple below) will then let you choose Your Thread or Theads with your posts or Unanswered threads or Watched threads.
If you click New posts (circled in green below) you get ALL new posts since not read by you.
When you open a thread you have been in before, all new post will have a red rectangle in the upper right of each new post (circled in blue below)
1704125187056.png
1704125627031.png

What is betwixt them mean?

And if one finds one of those Similar threads and opens it, TAKE NOTE OF HOW OLD the thread is before making a post to it.
Some are up to 16 years old.
to flop betwixt them why?

It's not the use of between as in, standing between two things. Betwixt is like making a choice between two or more things. Get it? It's how to use the two that matters really.

Last edited:
Rather surprised at the struggles some are having adapting to the new YT. This site now closely resembles most other sites I am familiar with and frequent. It almost seems that the only format they know is the old YT. Do they not frequent enough other sites to be more familiar with what we have here now? As I said in another post, every site has it's quirks and way of displaying things. You have to learn the details for every site you visit. We all had to learn how YT worked when we first joined, right???? That should be no different than learning how the new YT works. The old site was on the verge of being irreparably broken as I understand it. There were security concerns also. How much wailing and gnashing of teeth would we have had here had there been a security breach of personal information??

Give it time and try to learn how the new site works. Patience, Grasshopper.

Leroy, your post didn't come through. When you click reply on someone else's post, wait until the quote appears in the posting box and then start typing below the quote. The cursor will automatically put you where you need to be, but if you have a slow connection like I do, it will take a second or two before the quote appears.

Also another problem people have adjusting to this system is that it doesn't load another window when you press the gray Post Reply button. The old system had to load another window and if one thinks they have to hit the Post Reply button, it actually posts whatever is in your posting window. That ends up just being a quote of the message you were going to reply to.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back