My Wifes Garage Sale Tool Buys

Duane WI

My wife loves a garage sale. She was at her sisters house about 1.5 hours away on Friday. She goes to a garage sale and it is loaded with tools. She tries calling me but I was in a work meeting and didn't pick up the phone. So she just decided to buy some stuff. She bought a small three draw tool box full of tools for $25. I was sorting through it and here is what I have found so far:

1. Matched set of Blue Point offset box end wrenches with long handles.
2. Matched set of Snap on open end wrenches.
3. Matched set of Snap on 3/8 inch sockets, inch sizes.
4. Snap on 3/4 in ratchet adapter. Turns a 3/4 breaker bar into a ratchet.

The rest of the stuff is mismatched wrenches and odds and ends. All old school made in USA tools, Craftsman, Blue Point, Proto, Snap on.

Not sure what to do with it. I have everything I need. My tools set is nothing fancy. My wrench set and 1/2 socket set came from my Grandfather when he passed. Mismatched stuff he collected over decades of farming. I love it. Think of him every time I use it. The rest of my stuff is garage sales finds and Harbor Freight. I think I might try and sell some of the higher end matched sets.

Now you have everything you need plus some spares. $25 for all of those tools is almost the same as stealing them.

Are there any relatives with tool age thinking ability. Gifting a set to a potential young person is fundamental. Me I would replace out the complete sets with mine, and give the remaining. There may be a 4-H kid with mechanical potential. Jim

Since I had my main set at work, a set at my side business, a set for road calls, and a set at home, I gave a set to my daughter, while she was single. Later, I gave a set to her husband. Recently the wife and I moved, and I gave a lot of what I had to my granddaughter and her husband. I still have my master set, and a road set, the the kids will get, when I hang it up for good. Also have given tools to young guys, getting started. I look at it as, investing in the future.

Keep the good tools and sell the cheap stuff. Those good tools will last you a life time and are warrantied.

ummm, if you're tied up next time, give her my number -- me likes tools like cookie monster like cookies!

a great find!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back