NAA lift cover adjustment

Two0aks

From searching I see this topic has been discussed many times, but right now I'm just concerned about one thing.

The wording and picture in the NAA Shop Service Manual says the Lift Arm end center pin hole S/B 1/2" above the Plane of the lift cover Face. And trying to interpret the dotted lines and wording it seems to me the Face is where it mounts to the tractor ? Correct ?

When I checked clearance with arm pin hole 1/2" above lift cover face ie. mounting surface, both draft & postition clearance was within 1/16". Also, my L&R lift arms are identical ie. the ends are straight not offset as shown in FO19.

I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly how to interpret the wording and picture.

mvphoto87198.jpg

(quoted from post at 14:16:03 01/20/22) From searching I see this topic has been discussed many times, but right now I'm just concerned about one thing.

The wording and picture in the NAA Shop Service Manual says the Lift Arm end center pin hole S/B 1/2" above the Plane of the lift cover Face. And trying to interpret the dotted lines and wording it seems to me the Face is where it mounts to the tractor ? Correct ?

When I checked clearance with arm pin hole 1/2" above lift cover face ie. mounting surface, both draft & postition clearance was within 1/16". Also, my L&R lift arms are identical ie. the ends are straight not offset as shown in FO19.

I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly how to interpret the wording and picture.

mvphoto87198.jpg
our understanding of 1/2" above gasket surface is correct. I have never understood that drawing either!? Straight vs offset arms.......later Fords had offset arms of two different versions (early & late) as I recall.

Thanks JMOR.

Only folks who've worked on these would know what difference offset arms versus straight like mine would make. The picture appears to be offset forked ends. Oh well !

And I think I mentioned that with a 5/8" tube thru my pin holes and measuring 1/2" from centerline while propping it up, both Draft and position control measurements were very close and I adjusted even closer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back