New Holland 7635 - cool weather starting

muleman51

New Holland 7635- bad starting, It's 30* out ant it won't start with out being plugged in for 30 minutes or more. Its stored inside. It's just a stinker. Wish I had a heated shop for it and me too.

If the engine is running well and oil consumption is not an issue, you could put it on a timer, or wire up a switch that made the warming easier to get done. Jim

I have no experience with that tractor but it is shown as having a ..Thermostart.. system. I am not sure if you have to initiate its operation or if it is automatic. If it is automatic I would think there would be a time that it would not allow the engine to crank until the thermostart is at the point to allow an engine start. If you have to ..turn it on.. by a switch or turning the key backwards you need to find out how that is done.. operators manual. If it still does not start after this option has been utilized that system should be checked for proper operation.
NH 7635 info

Those Iveco engines are usually good cold weather starters.
The thermostart heater, commonly called Thermostart Intake Manifold Heater Diesel Engines, can burn out and to test them requires an Ohm meter or a test light or cautiously touch them with your finger after being on for 30 Seconds.
Some are look like a spark plug in the intake manifold and the newer version have a fuel line connected so they start a fire with Diesel fuel in the intake manifold to heat the intake air.
As mention by a previous post on the older models of tractors the thermostat heater is usually controlled by the ignition switch, MF tractors you turned ignition switch to the left for 30 seconds before starting on my brothers CIH 495 with switch in ON position you push and hold key in for 30 sec and then continue to hold in and go to START position.

See Link below for the one used by CIH 495, also used by many vendors MF, JD, VW and at one time you could buy them at Walmart.
Manifold Heater

I have the same tractor and it has a preheat function. I turn the key to on and then hold down the button to the left of the steering wheel for about 30 seconds before cold starting. This is my loader tractor and I use it to clean my drive in winter. It is in cold storage and if below 20F I will use the block heater. Not the best cold starter out there but we use it in winter and I live east of Edmonton Alberta. If I had to depend on my AC 8070 in winter we would be staying home a lot.

6635 had a preheater on the dash you held down, but been years since I've been one one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back