New Holland haybine blade bolt hole size

riveroadrat

I have a blade that used to have rivets in it and I used blade bolts to replace blades that broke. does anyone know if the holes are a tad bigger for the blade bolt type bars? i just broke a blade and can't drive out the blade bolt now. I'm going to put some heat on it but I'd like to know if I need to drill those holes out a little to accept the blade bolts.

There are different size bolts, its possible the wrong size was used.

If the bolt could be drawn in to the hole, it should be easy to punch it out. Should not need heat.

Might need a shaft or pipe or hardwood under the bar, as sickle blade bars are not stable and just flex and vibrate if you hammer on them, you need something solid under them. Then a punch and hammer. If the top is sheared to one side a light tut has with an angle finder.

Paul

Did the bolt break? You don't need to change the bolt when you change the knife. That's the advantage to using the bolts.

The threaded part of the knife bolt should slip through the hole in the bar. There's a knurled part at the base of the bolt near the head that pulls into the bar and holds it in place. It's a bit of a squeeze.

Most likely what you've done is "rivet" the bolt into the bar. You'll have to grind the bolt off flush with the knife bar to punch it out.

Well the heat and wax did the trick then i realized all I had to do was remove the nuts and a guard and slip the blade in there.

Thats the way I do it. The bolts should be pulled in with the nut as its a snug fit so they dont turn. Plus the bolts have little ridges on the them. Where they seat in the knife bar.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back