New Holland TR75...good or bad??

nh8260

So i ran across a New Holland TR75 combine with the Ford turbo diesel engine, the machine doesn't look bad (it has sat outside more than inside), has
1691 hours, comes with a 4 row wide corn head and a nearly new 6 row 30" corn head that is for parts, went and looked at the combine, started up good,
hydrostatic drive moved like it should, head raised up and down fine, cab is a little rough, after she sat running for a few minutes the separator
would start turning on its own without touching the lever...rod need adjusting?? Belts are average to new, needs a couple of the small v belts
replaced. Previous owner died and a neighbor is handling things, he drove it to the farm a few weeks ago, said it ran 30-45 minutes and he didn't
notice any problems.

This is a way bigger machine than i need but i can buy it for scrap value, but i need to know the good and bad, the motor & turbo sounded good but i
don't know much about that engine...V6 or V8? I don't know much at all about New Holland combines, any help or guidance would be appreciated!!!

Go for it. Scrap is almost worthless these days,so you wont pay much.If it doesn't work,sell it for scrap. Who knows? if scrap is up,you will make money on the deal. :)

Have a tr75 here as well as a couple tr85s. Good machines....seem to do the work. The Ford turbo will probably start a little harder than the Cat 3208, but will start easily after warmed up. Ford engine should be an inline 6. Very good on fuel compared to the Cat engines....not much difference in power that I see either.
The separator just needs to be loosened a bit. There is a spring pin that you push in and rotate the pressure plate to loosen or tighten. The spring will snap out when it hits the next groove.
Wayne

Hey Wayne, where is that spring pin located on the machine?? Also how bad are these to work on? I'm used to a Gleaner which is a piece of cake, manuals are supposed to come with this combine. One issue that i was told is it kept breaking cobs and putting them in the grain bin, i looked at the concave position and it was almost wide open, the engine sure did sound good, hopefully i can get the AC fixed and working on it, a little fan in the cab on a hot day doesn't help much!!

Look at the separator clutch just below the unload auger housing. You say your 75 is a hydrostat? Mine is a standard. The pin on mine is behind the separator clutch....harder to work on, but if yours is a hydro, like our 85s the pin is on the outside, and much easier to work on. I am in Canada so I dont have any knowledge of Corn....Sorry.
Wayne

I bought the combine, was able to get it for $250, yeah two hundred and fifty dollars!!! Does anyone know of a serial number/year model list?
Hope to get it home in the next week or two and see if i can shell some corn with it before the season ends

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back