New Loader cylinder and a few questions

I've had a heck of a time finding a cylinder for my McCormick loader that matches my specs. It's my first time doing this and Ive heard here that it's pretty common. I ended up spending a lot of time focused on bore, stroke,length and fitting the loader and bucket brackets. The last cylinder was about 3 inches short and required modification of the brackets or the cylinder. My new cylinder came in and it looks like a good fit. Bore, stroke, extended length are right on. It looks I'll only need to do a small amount of grinding, adding bushings and washers to get a good fit. My question is how do I go about attaching the hydraulic lines. The ports are much smaller on the new ram. I'm hoping this can be overcome by buying new
fittings. I'm looking to learn whether this is correct and how to go about the process. Thanks for the help as always. Paul
cvphoto109784.jpg

cvphoto109785.jpg

cvphoto109786.jpg

cvphoto109787.jpg

cvphoto109788.jpg

from what i can see is all you need to do is get a different 90 degree elbow to replace that orb one. looks like you need 1/2 inch ntp for the cylinder and the hose end would be 1/2 inch jic. BUT pull that plug out of the cyl. and have a look at it as it is quite possible it might be an orb fitting also. need to see if is pipe thread or straight thread as i cant tell from here. orb fittings the 0 ring does the sealing and pipe thread the threads do the sealing.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Adapters-Fittings/JIC-to-NPT/JIC-Male-to-NPT-Male---Right-Angle/JIC-8-Male-x-1-2-NPT-Male-90-Degree-Elbow-2501-08-08-Adapter-9-2501-8-8.axd
Here you go

Thank you rustred and Eagle Beagle. I was able to pick up the fittings at the local Auto parts store today. Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back