New to Me D15, Clutch Noise Troubleshooting

Got a D15 series 1 at auction yesterday. Drove it home today. Has some noise in the drive train.

I tried to do some diagnostics on the ride. It didn't seem to matter which gear it was in. Didn't seem to matter whether it was moving or stopped. Power director hi/low/neutral didn't seem to matter. Disengaging the foot clutch(foot pushing pedal down) ended the noise.

I was fighting rust in the gas tank plugging things up and had to keep stopping to blow it out with compressed air, traffic, first time on a D series, etc.

Anyway, it isn't consistent and sounds like a random piece bouncing around.

I'm sure I missed something, the low power and stalling from fuel starvation didn't help. Any suggestions on next steps? Further troubleshooting? Or time to split it at the clutch?

I think I should add that PTO engaged or not didn't seem matter.

Also, the foot clutch didn't seem to have any other problems. In other words seemed to work the same or better than my CA or WD.

Thanks,

(quoted from post at 19:17:59 06/21/20) Both hydraulic pump levers on the steering wheel should be DOWN.

Great news then, they are both up.

I'll test in a few days. Bunch of stuff is in the solvent tank.

Thanks

Off Topic - The D17XT is impressive!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back