NH 855 bailer air springs

Anonymous-0

I have need to replace the air bags on an 855. They are a P/N 1R12-158 Goodyear will only sell to New Holland. Has any one matched one up and what #.
NH wants $500 ea they last 4 years are so. The truck bags are around $200

I've heard people say that you can cross the Goodyear P/N with a Firestone that sells for about $150. I've been lucky enough not to have to test this yet. Let me know details if you have any luck, I'm sure I'll have to replace mine one of these years.

I have a brother in the Ft Smith Arkansas area who has the 848. Got his from a truck supply outfit for about half. Had to change some hardware out from the old to the new. worked out fine. Just take one of your old ones with you and they should be able to fix you up. They like selling parts.
Wheat Straw

One other thing, NH changed the air springs midway through production. You might have the older style and NH might have given you a price for all parts. They don't sell replacements bags for the old size, you have to buy new pistons and retainers to use the new springs.

I searched around a bit and found the Goodyear part number 1R12-182 used on a 853, not sure if thats what they went to on the 855 too. Anyway, Firestone crosses to that one.

Nevermind. According to external_link, 1R12-158 is the modern version (4.76in between retainer bolts). Messicks sells them on their website for $431.16 each, but that's not much better than your quote unfortunately.

On my 853 the bags started leaking and the small pin holes were on the top so I took them off and put some green slime in them and put them back on,on opposite sides so the hole will be on the bottom and the slime will cover the holes,so far it has worked,usually have to put some more air in them after it sets for a while,but cheaper. HTH

The bailer run is one of the last models made. I have an older 855 I usr for parts. The air bags on it look the same but has a different piston,
They will work if you swap it. Both of the old bags are shot to. Thankd Joe

I found a parts shop in Florida that sells the replacements for the 1R12-158. They won't give you the number but they'll give you a good price. Raneys truck parts, I think they have an ebay store or something.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back