Truck/trailer air springs for baler

Fred Werring

Got a NH 855 round baler, need to replace the air springs it uses for tension.

Last replaced them 10 years ago with Goodyear 1r12-103's, $175 each side.
Been working fine until they sprung leaks.
But the Goodyears are now $250 each.

Some suppliers are selling a Torque brand, considerable discount to the Goodyears, $150 each.

So does anybody have experience with the Torque brand?

Thanks

As an aside, the official New Holland Goodyear #1R12-158 is now $522 each

Fred have you tried a local truck parts dealer? We have a few like Mutual Wheel, what they dont have they can get in a day or two.

Two years ago I bought 2 new bags from truckandtrailer.parts for my NH 848. They were $310 shipped to my door. The e-mail is:

[email protected]

It won't cost you anything to drop Mike an e-mail. He was a pleasure to deal with.

I am not connected to them in any way.

I'm kinda in the sticks, about 40 miles to a truck place.

NAPA 10 miles away does have the Firestone equivalent $25 less than the Goodyear, may go that route.

Yeah, I can cross reference the 103's to several different bags.

But are the cross referenced bags decent?

I have a reference point of about 10 years longevity for the Goodyears...looking for feedback on some other, less expensive brands, like Torque.

Thanks

Did find that the Goodyear 1R12-113 are the same as the 103's, they just don't have the piston with them. Which is fine, you re-use the piston on the baler anyway. That'll save me about $25/spring.

I ran off brand air bags on some of my trucks without any issues
The bags have to be made to meet certain specs to be approved for use on highway use trucks
However they are probably like off brand tractor tires that deteriorate faster than some of the better brands
If you got 10 years out of the Goodyears you may only get 5-6 out of the other brand
If 2 Torque air bags are less than one Goodyear or Firestone I would try a set

Lets see 175 or a bit less for after market so to speak bags and 522 for the dealer bag. I would just bite the bullet at about 350 less and put the new bags on that worked. Sort of like my Miller welder the intake hose from the air filter to the engine went bad cracked teribbly. Miller wanted 458and change for a hose 1.5to1.75 x7 inched with 2 bends in it. One about 30 degrees and the other a 90. I got a couple silicone hoses for the job for 50 and was happy as a clam for it. Had to cut a lot off them but saved 400 so no complaints here.

I found your torque brand on Amazon for 120.00 each. I did a google search and they popped up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back