No oil on rocker arms

I have a Farmall B that sat for two years. I started up with a few valves sticking. I removed the valve cover and got all of the valves moving. I do not see any oil coming up on the rocker arms. What should my next move be? Is the oil pump working as it should? Is something plugged? Any help would be appreciated.

in the center of the rockshaft where the nut is holding the rockshaft that stud is hollow and lets oil to the rockshaft remove it to see if it has been changed

Is this with the tractor running, or just cranking it over?

Get it running and make sure it's making oil pressure, then give it a minute. I've never seen these old 4-bangers make measurable oil pressure until they're running for a few seconds.

As Gene said that center bolt should be hollow. Maybe someone had the rocker assembly apart and didn't put it back together correctly. The cam shaft meters oil up thru that stud. Never very much oil in my experience but you should see it bubbling up..
Dave

On any A or B we have fooled with it takes a bit of running to see oil oozing out. . sometimes over a minute

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back