Nothing like waking up to a water leak to get you going

Keith Molden

I got up this morning and thought I'd better turn the furnace on since we have a 2 year old great grandson living with us and the house was a little chilly. After a bit I decided I'd better go to the basement and check on the furnace, opened the (outside)basement door and heard water spraying with about 3 inches of water on the floor we don't go down there very often as the furnace is the only thing down there. A plastic metal to plastic 3/4 fitting had decided to get a hole in it. Went over town bought a brass fitting @ 12 bucks (they can't get galvanized or plastic right now), put the new one on and now drinking my 2nd cup of coffee. Really wasn't bad to fix just not what I wanted to do today. It could have been a lot worse if the leak had been up in the house with the wife out of town. Have a great day. Keith

I hate a water in the basement mess!! You must have a floor drain or something to help you get the water out quickly. And you are very lucky you cannot get galvanized or plastic fitting for the fix - both are inferior to the brass. Glad you got it dealt with!

I had the washing machine flood the utility room three times. It happens if the machine is overloaded. Doesn't make sense to me, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

SDE,

If your machine is a top load, there's a plastic tube going to a diaphragm switch. We had mice checw through the tube and the machine didn't know when to stop filling. Maybe that will help.

D.

There is nothing like the feeling of bare feet stepping into water when you go down the basement steps in the dark.

This post was edited by fixerupper on 10/02/2021 at 09:40 am.

Keith. Good morning. Im a Keith too. How big of an area was that 3 inches deep of water? That must have been a headache too right. Wingnut

Toilet flush valve malfunctioned on my travel trailer this morning had to drive to Durango for a replacement. Easy enough to fix but stepping on a wet rug at 4am sure got my attention.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back