O/T Corn Pro Livestock Trailers

DoubleR

I put a deposit on a 16 ft. bumper pull today. The dealer had a Calico in stock for $500.00 less. They were out of the Corn Pro but will have one in next week. So I put a deposit on the Corn Pro with the understanding that I could take a Calico if I decided the C.P. trailer wasn't worth the extra money.
I wanted to ask if anyone had any experiences with either trailer, Pro's and Con's. I know an aluminum trailer would be better yet but is also almost twice the money. At my age a steel one will last longer than I'll need one. My old one is 23 years old and still in usable condition.

Don't know about Corn Pro trailers, but I did look at a Calico one time. It was ok for a trailer that saw limited use, but built light in my opinion. I went with an S&S, which is not a lot heavier built, but it was $500 cheaper and a little heavier than the Calico. I paid $3900 for my 16ft S&S brand new in 2012. My other S&S was a 1990 and I sold that for $1,200, so I only had to put $2700 into a brand new trailer. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I have a Corn Pro 16' gooseneck that I bought new in 1996. It sets in the pole barn more than anything else I own. I have had it stacked completely full of firewood and didn't ruin it so I guess not much danger in over using it for livestock. Haven't had any issues with it other than the goodyear tires. It's there when I need it 3 or 4 times a year.

We had a corn pro 20+5 tandem dual trailer. My cousin has it now.
Only issue was after many years we finally got enough miles on it to see funny wear on the tires. A quick check with a tape measure from the center of the hitch back to each wheel reveled the axles were not in alignment.
Way too late for any warranty so didn't even try. Probally should have,but took to local truck shop and they aligned it up and it pulled better after that.
So on any brand now I'd make a quick check with the tape measure before buying.

I've owned a Corn Pro 16' bumper for about 20 years. It pulls good and has been a very good trailer. We did some homework when we bought it and Corn Pro is better built than several brands. I have kept it in a shed when not in use and the treated floor is still like new but I do wash it out after most every use. I recommend Corn Pro.

I appreciate the responses. My son looked at the Corn Pro they had on hand a couple of weeks ago when buying another new enclosed trailer for his business from them. In his opinion he thought the Corn Pro was worth the extra money. He runs about 7-8 different trailers in his business so he knows what to look for.
I only use the trailer to haul in and out out a dozen steers a year and to haul maybe 8-9 hundred bales of straw. So either one will work. Like anybody, I just want to get the most for my dollar spent.
I'm thinking the extra five hundred would be well spent.

A neighbor got a new Corn Pro a few years ago and everytime he hauls any bulls I get to rebuild it. If he closes the center gate it gets damaged too bad to use. Once a bull hit the rear gate and tore it up. When he hauls bulls now he borrows mine. I can't remember the brand I have, but it is 35 yrs old and heavy enough the lives stock can't damage it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back