oil cap location on ford 3000 diesel

Marc__D

New User
All I can tell is i have a metal 3/4 " 90* comes out of the valve cover and 3" rubber hose with hose clamps to a 3/4" metal pipe that goes down bout even with the bottom of the radiator and ends i tried to pull the pipes from the rubber hose but quit got aggravated . i dont have a clue were the dang port is located. Would someone please help me out? 1973 Ford 3000 diesel i have pulled battery holder back exposing the top of motor and dont see a oil cap no where!!!

What you are describing is the breather. The original oil cap on a 3000 was on the valve cover, and should be fairly obvious if it is there. But it is possible that the engine was replaced at some point with one from a later model, in which case the valve cover would not have an oil fill port or cap, and instead the oil fill cap would be on the right side of the engine up near the front, just below the front of the fuel injection pump.

IMG_3857.jpeg

If yours doesn’t hav the large oil fill cap on the valve cover look for the fill cap on the side of the engine
IMG_3858.jpeg

What you are describing is the breather. The original oil cap on a 3000 was on the valve cover, and should be fairly obvious if it is there. But it is possible that the engine was replaced at some point with one from a later model, in which case the valve cover would not have an oil fill port or cap, and instead the oil fill cap would be on the right side of the engine up near the front, just below the front of the fuel injection pump.
Mr. Sean, Your awesome! Thank you for your time and knowledge it is MUCH appreciated!!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back