oil pan petcock

khouse6

i have oil pan off of super a farmall. the lower petcock, on the oil pan is missing the handle. can that we welded back, without damage to the petcock,?

Use a pipe wrench to remove it then you can make a new knob just like original and weld it on. I have made a bunch of them fixing those that are missing the knob

Just make a small plate,drill a hole in the middle,to fit the stub thats left, and weld it on, when the oil pan is in the tractor .All it takes is a buzzz!

Whenever one of my petcocks breaks I replace the upper one with the aftermarket dipstick kit and also put a pipe plug in the lower one.

My H has had one with a welded on handle for 30+ years. Works fine. By now, you already know that...
Greg

YES it will screw out then you will be able to make a new knob just like original. Dill a hole in the center and wire weld

thanks. after you told me that the petcock screwed out. i was able to find another and replace the bad one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back