ordering proper water pump/60

Upon ordering a new water pump for my 60 SN 6047500 on this site, I came across a dilemma. When I find what looks like to be
the right pump of the two listed here, I'm not positive because it doesn't list my serial number 6047500. I measured my belt
(if that's the proper way to decide which size pulley 3/8" or 1/2" it takes, my belt is 3/8" wide. Although there is no
reference at the pump listing for my serial number, if I go above to the pulley sizes it DOES list my serial number under the
3/8" wide pulley. If I order this water pump, are y'all in agreement it should be the right one? I do not see use of a bypass
on mine.
Water Pump, 3/8 in. pulley - For A (SN# 7002000 & above), AO & AR (SN# 281400 & above), 620, 630, 60. Water Pump comes with 3/8"
width Pulley. Comes with by-pass connection. Can be used with or without the by-pass connection. If by-pass is not used, plug
can be ordered as part # F2282R. (Part No: AA6327R)

BTW, where is the thermostat located on my 60?

Thanks again,
Arnie

I can't help you with the water pump choice, but your thermostat is in the upper water pipe. You'll be amazed at how large it is.

Your tractor uses 3/8 wide pulley style pump S.N. (6029999 and above)-you tractor has sn 47500.

The thermostat (Sylphon) that activates the shutters in my '53 is in the bottom tank (in front)of the rad. HTH

Thanks guys. I'll order the 3/8" belt width pump along with the little plug....cause from what I see there is no bypass.
Arnie

I'm going to put in a new temperature gauge with sensor attached too. Mine never did work right & I ordered one out of another 60 awhile back that I never put in. I probably need to soak with WD-40 ahead of time so I can get the old sensor out. Do they usually come out pretty easy?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back