Charlie M

I love it - everyday I have another scam in my email when I get home. Today I can get an ATM card with my piece of an $8 billion claim settled by the UN concerning corrupt governments. Just need to send in $255 so they can ship me my card.I could send a card clear across the country for about $2.Last week I was ordered to appear in court in Chicago (I live in western NY), then a couple of days later I was ordered to appear in Washington DC and just yesterday I was to be evicted from my house for lack of appearance. Of course each email had an attachment so I could get more details. So far no one has offered to give me a fortune for shipping my tractors to them. Of course I would have to get a fortune to cover my cost for fixing them up!! Who falls for this junk? Somebody has to for them to keep doing it.

Your sure right on that Charlie, I've got a beautiful Motor Home for sale and all I get is scam calls, they "ONLY" want my bank info, address ,full name, and god only knows what else ! I usually answer back to just send payment to my P O Box....Never hear from them again !! Jim in N.M.

The most common email scam I get here is the one about a problem with your bank account and to just click on the link. Strange thing is it's for banks I don't have an account with.
A couple of weeks ago they phoned my mom's house and left a message the same as the email but they said to call a number with her banking info. fortunately their English wasn't very good so my mother couldn't understand what they were saying so she asked me to listen to it. I told her what they said and that it was a scam and if she got anymore messages like it to not do anything but go to her bank and talk to somebody in person if she thought there could be an issue.

My wife had an uncle that worked for the FBI in Dallas. So when ever she got a scam call. She would give them the FBI number as my work number. After a year of that. The scam calls stopped for the most part.

Had one the other day, someone with a very thick Indian accent called and identified him self as "Microcsoft Tech Support" and that my computer was sending out viruses and spam and if I'll turn it on they'll walk me through fixing it. I'm thinking the land line is about to go away because that's all we get on it scams and tella-marketers. Wonder how long before the Telephone providers figure out people are dropping their land line because of all the BS that the companies don't want to deal with?

I get the same one every now and then (and others). My reply " I'm busy right now, give me your home number and I will call you right back". Most times I hang up. Sometime I get nasty/abusive. Slows some down but not all.

The Emails I don't open, the phone calls catch hexx!
The other day my daughter answered the phone, must have been the same guy someone below mentioned. Heavy, foreign accent. "Your PC is having problems." Daughter said, "If you know that, you should also know that we have an IMac, not a PC!" He hung up.

new one for me tonite - EZ Pass. Failure to pay for using toll road. Multiple attempts to contact you. Last chance to pay before action is taken. I'm shakin' in my boots!

I replied to a craigslist ad posted in Lansing MI. It was for a like new looking 643 Bobcat for $3000. So far it sounds too good to be true. Called the phone number on the then one day old ad and found it to be disconnected. I sent an email and got the following reply:

[i:0f6518ecf5]The bobcat is located in Erie, PA and I am selling it at this price
($3000) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The
divorce is finished and I own this bobcat. I work as a dealer on a
cruise ship and i want to sell it because I need money for other
things. This bobcat is in excellent working condition, slightly used,
in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title
ready for transfer. From the beginning you have to know that for the
payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done
using eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced
I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in
order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want
for this bobcat is $3000. If you will take it for this price, I am
willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you
decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address
where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will
receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy
because i don't have any free time to waste.
[/i:0f6518ecf5]
I wrote back I would be in Erie in two days and would like to operate the machine and never got a response. I've gotta wonder how many times this kinda thing works?

We had one of those calls come into work. Funny thing is I work for a company that has it's own IT dept so I said I would be more than happy to transfer their call and they hung up. Called back 10 minutes later with the exact same line of bull.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back