OT: Still good people in the world

Richard G.

Wife and I were coming home from Ohio last Saturday after picking up a seed cleaner. In lower KY we stopped for a Cola and rest room break. Got back in truck and alternator was not charging. Started to head toward small town to find auto parts store and truck was dead before we got out of the parking lot.
Called auto club and had a mechanic there in 15 minutes. He charged our battery and we followed him 11 miles to his shop. Alternator checked bad and he called his wife to pick one up on her way home. Nearest auto parts store was about 25 miles away.
Got it put on about 8:30 Saturday night and tried to leave. Bad alternator from Advance auto. They drove us 11 miles to a nice motel and picked us up on Sunday morning. Took the alternator back and went to O'Reillys and got one. It worked fine and we were on our way. They spent about 5 hours helping us and only charged $85 labor. When we got home Sunday night, I called and thanked them for being so nice.
Richard in NW SC

Hey, you were in Kentucky! That's the way we roll!

There's still a lot of good people in the world. Glad for ya things worked out OK.

I'd of given him a big tip or now send him a gift certificate to a nice local restaurant he and his wife can go to since you'll never have an opportunity to repay his favor any other way.

I am sending them some homemade sorghum syrup. They were fascinated about it when we told them about it.
Richard

Richard,My coworker and I are here at work discussing todays problems with our country.Your comment about the man and his wife who helped you gave us a feeling of hope.I remember when people used to help people

jimmy

I hunt with friends in Kentucky most every year and I agree, most of the folks I've run across either in the diners or gas stations have been very friendly. I really like it up there.

I would send the guy some kind of monetary reward. Show hin how much you appreciate his kindness and his not taking advantage of you as some people would have. It will make you both feel good.

Always appreciate hearing about the good things that go on in the lives of people each day. Plenty of negatives on the evening news. I prefer to hear the positive.

Once in a while you will find super nice people in the world.
20 years ago a friend of mine and his wife were out on their boat, Lake Michigan I think and he could not get his boat restarted after being anchored for an hour or so. Well he was a 1/4 mile from shore and a couple saw they were having trouble getting the boat started. This homeowner, towed him in, let him sleep there for the night while he waited until morning till a store opened to get the part he needed. (fed them dinner too) The guy and his wife would not take any money from this friend of mine.
There still are some nice people in the world.

Years ago my mom and dad were traveling, MN to PA to MD to TX to KS and then back to MN. In MD the AC drain was plugged and dripping water on moms feet. The car was under warrenty but the dealers dad called in MD said 2-3 days just to look at it. So mom and dad headed to TX. In TN they stopped for gas at a real service station. Dad was talking to the owner as he was gassing up the car and told him of the problem. The guy pulled dads car in and put it on the lift. The drain tube was plugged. Took the guy all of about 2 minutes to unplug it. Dad went to pay the bill and gas and there was no charge for unplugging the drain. Dad gave the guy a 20 buck tip. It really seams that today not many places would be that nice. Good to hear that there are still good people around.

Rick

Always good to hear about honest caring people. I have done my share of "good deeds", but have found that My rewards have been mostly in my own mind and conscience lately. Last guy that ran out of gas( I got dressed, got gas from my tank, in the winter) told me he'd pay for the gas. I told him to just leave it in the mailbox. Been three years, I check the mail every day, no money yet.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back