Paulson loader front hanger bracket for an 8N Ford

Good morning to all. I have a paulson loader that will be going on my
1950 8N Ford. I got the loader for free and I have most of the parts
except for the front hanger bracket that bolts to the front of the
engine and that the side frames bolt to. Does anyone have a schematic
or blue print of that front hanger bracket so I can build one? Thanks
in advance!

A valiant effort but one of the last tractors I would want a loader on. No power steering and a rather light duty front axle for a loader tractor. Not trying to talk you out of it just that there are so many much better tractors for loader work.

If it is all you have, sure beats a shovel!

Even I as a 90 pound weakling, sure drove an 9 and later 8N a bunch with a loader. That was 60 years ago and later.

You could be a while waiting for someone to produce a measured drawing for you to work from. Honestly I'd be surprised if someone had such a drawing on hand, but stranger things have happened and I have this "reverse jinx" thing going on that when I comment about how hard it will be to come up with something like that, someone pipes up and says, "I have one!"

I'd separate the loader arms from the frame if it isn't already, and set the frame in place on the tractor. You've got the axle mounts right? Clamp it to the axle, prop it up in front where it seems to be setting about right, and start building the front hanger.

I am aware of the limitations of an 8N with a loader. Growing up on a 45 cow dairy farm in the 60's and 70's all we had was an 8N with a loader. By far not the fastest or most capable loader tractor but if that is what you have you make it work. As I am now retired and downsizing from having 8 old farm tractors the Ford 8N will be going to my daughter. She and her family have a new house on several acres of level ground and will be doing gardening and general property upkeep with the Ford. I have a plow, disc, drag, dirt scoop, and a rear three point blade that they will be getting. I like the paulson loader frame in that it is step through and it is easy to remove the bucket and lift arms and leave the sub frame in place. I am just seeing if someone could save me a little time by having the specs of that front bracket.

(quoted from post at 07:12:45 11/29/23) A valiant effort but one of the last tractors I would want a loader on. No power steering and a rather light duty front axle for a loader tractor. Not trying to talk you out of it just that there are so many much better tractors for loader work.

Yup, despite being 80 years old they are still useful. And there are people who notice that so many tractors these days have FWA.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back