Picked up a couple John deere A tractors

8N Tim

A couple weeks ago I picked up two John Deere A tractors. They have definitely seen better days but the engines are free and everything seems OK besides the missing parts. I got them from the family of the farmer who bought them new(I was told). I know it will take a lot of work and parts to get them going again but I didn’t want to see them scrapped. When is just gas and one is an off the wall. They put pictures of the serial numbers of both in the post. Does anybody know the proper model carbs for each is? I had an A about 10 years ago and I remember there are many models of the DLTX carb Is anybody parting out any that I could buy some parts from? Any info is helpful. Thanks

cvphoto55735.jpg

cvphoto55736.jpg

cvphoto55737.jpg

cvphoto55738.jpg

cvphoto55739.jpg

cvphoto55740.jpg

I have got one working magneto with them and I think I have an old carb laying around from a previous A but I don’t know if it will work with them and it’s pretty rusty so it would need a full rebuild. Both are missing curbs and magnetos and the one with the rool-o-matic dual front doesn’t have a seat or battery box.

im not much help , but im glad you are saving them, maybe put both together to make one that runs?
they are both late styled, some call them cyclone a, but you proabably know that,

One of them is an all-fuel and the other appears to be a straight gas. Originally they had different carbs but a straight gas carb will work on both. IIRC the straight gas carb is a DLTX-72.

Both tractors will run fine on gasoline-87 octane. Use DLTX71 Carbs. They might not be cheap,

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back