Pictures and Puzzles Thread

From what I have come across, the Deutz engines have all been diesels, but Emiel will correct me on that if I am wrong. When I first drove into Europe in early 1970's, Passing through Belgium, Holland and Germany down to Austria, the majority of tractors I saw were ones of this size with a cutter bar attached, made by Eicher and Deutz. Will have to look out my Super 8 films and see if I can get some stills from it of that time.
The company we know as Deutz today was founded by Nicolaus August Otto in 1864 together with a partner. Otto was one of the founding fathers of the internal combustion engine and has the spark ignition engine named after him. They started with horizontally engines. Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybachs careers started at Deutz. After some name changes and change of investors etc it was named after the city it was located, Deutz. Nowadays this city is integrated in the city Cologne.

Still today Deutz is one of the main manufacturers of industrial diesel and gas (not petrol) engines. They were famous for their range of air cooled diesels. In the 1990’s the tractor division is sold to an Italian company who still manufactures tractors under the deutz fahr brand with engines sourced from the former owner deutz engines.
 
Puzzle 87.jpgWednesday Compilation

Welcome to the new forum and many thanks to the YT team for creating it.

It would be good if we could gather together all pictures and video posts in this one place. I am going to take the opportunity to try a new thread with Nature Picture and Puzzles and see how you like that. Please pass comments. I will keep posting the tractor related threads as well but it would be nice if we could get some pictures and puzzles from that side of the Pond. I have found I have many cousins and distant relations all over the US and Canada but have never visited although I have a son that lives in Boulder, so my pictures from over there are limited, so please post any you have. I can turn them into jigsaws if required.

KCM and I hope you enjoy our efforts.
 
DSCN2236 - Copy.JPG
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=1fef1d0f3acb
Lake and Elliot Tractor Jack

Jack supplied with the Fordson F in England and Australia. This one came from Colchester in Essex, from a man's yard and was offered on e-bay. One of my Australian friends who collects Fordson tools, asked me to buy it for him which I did, I cleaned it up and sent if off to Australia where it now lives in his collection.
 
DSCN6942 - Copy.JPGNuffield 3/42

BMC Nuffield built this tractor to compete with the Fordson Dexta and MF 35 around 1956. They used some parts from the existing Nuffield 4/60 which made the tractor bigger tan either of those and fitted a three cylinder BMC engine. It was an excellent mid-sized tractor that will pull like crazy and has bags of torque. Problem was, it was a bit big for what it was intended for and sales were low. It did progress through the years but was never a big seller.
 
View attachment 6572
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=1fef1d0f3acb
Lake and Elliot Tractor Jack

Jack supplied with the Fordson F in England and Australia. This one came from Colchester in Essex, from a man's yard and was offered on e-bay. One of my Australian friends who collects Fordson tools, asked me to buy it for him which I did, I cleaned it up and sent if off to Australia where it now lives in his collection.
Looks like a heavy duty version of the Model T jack.
 
I have some Meccano my father had and I added to as a kid in the late 50s and early 60s. But not enough to make that, impressive!

edit,
Don't know how I got this here, should have been back with the Meccano picture.
 
The company we know as Deutz today was founded by Nicolaus August Otto in 1864 together with a partner. Otto was one of the founding fathers of the internal combustion engine and has the spark ignition engine named after him. They started with horizontally engines. Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybachs careers started at Deutz. After some name changes and change of investors etc it was named after the city it was located, Deutz. Nowadays this city is integrated in the city Cologne.

Still today Deutz is one of the main manufacturers of industrial diesel and gas (not petrol) engines. They were famous for their range of air cooled diesels. In the 1990’s the tractor division is sold to an Italian company who still manufactures tractors under the deutz fahr brand with engines sourced from the former owner deutz engines.
 
Deutz tractors before the war were water cooled. An example is the Deutz F1M414, 11 HP single cylinder 4 stroke diesel, 3 speed gear-box, standard with rubber tyres and lighting, belt-pulley, power-take-off and side mount mower in 1936. Production continued after the war until about 1948 then with 4 speed gear-box and independent rear brakes. It was replaced with the 15 HP air-cooled F1L514.
 

Attachments

  • deutzf1m-b.jpg
    deutzf1m-b.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 55
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top