Pin and bushing front drawbar support

8850dave

How is the bushing and front pin replaced on the front of the drawbar frame, I see a 1/4 roll pin but does it drive out ? Replacing leaky seals on a 71 4020 power shift ,
new shaft and bushings no idea on the actual hours on tractor

Just drive the pin out. The roll pin holds just the bushing. The pin can be hard to get out. Like Connie mentioned most just pivot the carrier down leaving it on the front. You might want to take a look at how worn the holes are for the drawbar pin. I had a 4020 that would pop the pin out sometimes when on a single axle manure spreader. The holes were very egged out. Deere had bushings for the top hole. That stopped that problem. Tom

Replace the front bushing and pin. They wear out.
When they are worn out it, the load shaft will flex more than it is suppose too and you will have an oil leak as you have seen. The pin is designed to stop the load shaft from flexing once it has reached the maximum flex point.

Do you heat the castings before driving out the pin as mine has not moved yet and have heated it as well going to try an air hammer after its heated up again

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back