Power lift unit on 1936 unstyled A

glgglass

New User
I have a 1936 unstyled A (sn 431453) with a power lift unit. I have restored the tractor but I am not sure if the power lift unit is working correctly or not. The unit had been modified to use the over
pressure relief valve as an external connection to a remote cylinder. Then the power lift arm was restricted from movement with a steel bar so the oil pressure would go out the relief valve connection to the
remote cylinder. Then a handle was connected to the left foot actuator so it could be pressed down as well as lifted up instead of the up down toggle by repeatedly stepping down that the unit was supposed to
work with. I would like to restore this unit to original and I am not able to find much information on it. Does anyone know if a manual for the power lift unit exists including parts list?
Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to YT. You could try Ebay for the manual. You might get a better response if you ask this question on the John Deere board on this site. There are some guys there who really know their stuff and can guide you along.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back