Power steering 830 John Deere

JD Ingersoll

New User
I am trying to get the actuator sleeve off of the steering shaft / worm gear. The manual says to remove the set screw but on a later tractor like this there is no set screw but two solid flush pins instead . I see no way of getting this apart other than to try and pull the whole assembly which has to bring the bearing cup with it . I am afraid i will screw up the sleeve and pins by doing so . I hope some of you have experience with this , thanks in advance

(quoted from post at 10:56:56 03/10/22) I am trying to get the actuator sleeve off of the steering shaft / worm gear. The manual says to remove the set screw but on a later tractor like this there is no set screw but two solid flush pins instead . I see no way of getting this apart other than to try and pull the whole assembly which has to bring the bearing cup with it . I am afraid i will screw up the sleeve and pins by doing so . I hope some of you have experience with this , thanks in advance

Do you have the SM-2050 2-Cylinder Power Steering Service Manual?

TQJjFnw.jpg

Hello , yes I have the manual and was able to get it disassembled and parts ordered . Thank you very much for your response.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back