Power steering pump on MF 202 replaced by Cessna pump.

Dekester

New User
Can anyone tell me the number of the Cessna power steering pump that can be used on a MF 202 in place of a 544443M91 Barnes power steering unit or where to get one. It says in the online repair book that this can be used.
Has anyone used the Cessna in place of original and did it work out okay? If anyone knows how to get hold of one or where to find, please let me know
Thanks

Is there a reason it needs to be a cessna? Surplus center has pumps of all kinds and volumes. I would lok at your pump requirements then look at surplus center for a similar pump.

No special reason for Cessna (although I did work at Cessna for 10 years where these were built)
Just heard that the Cessna pump would do the job and would cost a lot less. Will check out Surplus center.
Thanks,

Don't know if this was sent.....The one on this site went up in price $170 about a week
ago. Heard the Cessna would do the same at a lot lesser price???? Don't know what is
wrong with my pump. Think I'll take it apart tomorrow and see what I can find? What
should I look for? I did put a gauge on the pressure line and got about 30 lbs. I
screwed the screw in the relief valve down a turn and a half and still got the same.
Thanks for your answers.

(quoted from post at 16:03:33 10/18/22) Likely not worth trying to Coble it together.

Actually it could be worth several hundred dollars.

I pulled up the part number and it does not look like a very substantial pump. Basically a gear driven automotive power steering pump.

If it were me I would find a GM power steering pump at a junkyard, cobble it up belt drive, and fab a block-off plate for the oem pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back