Prayers needed

JMS/.MN

Yesterday we had 3 inches of snow. My 50 yo renter of 11 years fell off of a 10,000 bushel wet corn holding bin! TG, he didn"t fall from one of the 33,000 bu storage bins, or we"d be going to the second funeral this week (other is 42 yo friend).

This evening, he is undergoing surgery for a broken back. He and his wife crop farm about 1100-1300 acres mostly by themselves. When my son is laid off from construction work, he delivers grain for him.

I rent him about 300 acres, and farm about 60 for myself. When I had heart issues a few years ago, Richard combined my corn, dried it, and delivered it to my bins, at well under going rates. The next two years, I had combine problems with the 30 yo Gleaner, and he finished my bean harvest. This year I was able to do my own, but he was still my backup plan.

He still has 200 acres to harvest, and I can"t help with that, since he is on 22 inch rows...I"m on 30....he has family that can run his equipment. I"ll gladly do tillage for him, since he let me run his equipment before. In my 41 years of farming here, I"ve been involved with harvesting/plowing for two different neighbors that were laid up for a time.....where we all got together to help someone out. I"m looking forward to this extra opportunity to do it again....we really live in a good, helpful neighborhood!

Rich and Sharon are extremely hard workers- they used to do custom cabinets, had 3 shops at one time. Finally consolidated and settled with one shop on the farm, but settled with farming full-time a couple of years ago.

Countless times I"ve shared the funny comments from these boards with them, and they appreciated all of your comments. Please say a prayer that all goes well for them....it"s going to be a long recovery.

Sure will! Realizing that it will take time, We wish him a good recovery. You folks are fortunate to live in an area where people still look out for their neighbors.

We'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

One of our neighbors fell from a bin 11 years ago and broke part of his back. Thank goodness he's okay and back to farming a little over 2000 acres.

Prayers for Him and family.. I thank God for folks like you that are so eager to help one another.

That's the way I was brought up, and luckily I have settled in an area where it is still the same.

Sorry to hear this Jim. Your friend is in our prayers. Wishing him, and his family, the very best for a speedy recovery.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back