Price on this 1959 International 460 Hi-Utility

Mike Orr

cvphoto113425.jpg

Looking to purchase this International 460 Hi-Utility. 1959 gas engine. All tires are shot, no idea if it runs, not even sure there's a key. There are going to be a lot of unknowns on this. The owner passed away and the family is getting rid of it. The family doesn't have any idea on any info with this tractor.

Looking for advice on how to price it and are these parts easy to find on this tractor?

Thank you!

Research the number made. There are no intrinsic issues. Make sure the steering is tight, If the engine is nt stuck, I would say 1500 max. Stuck, 800 max. Jim

Most parts you may need would be available. Its not that much of a sought after model. Non running and all bad tires probably worth 500 to 1500. Now that being said, I would like to have a non running gas 460 high utility. What state is it in may I ask?

I guess I'm not seeing the tires that bad unless the picture isn't showing enough. Just because they are soft after sitting doesn't mean they won't pump up and hold for a long time. Tread looks decent. I have to say if that tractor was near me I'd be all over it. We had a 350 high clearance on the farm in the 60's and the larger tires were nice. Our 350 had 38's on the back where my 300 which would be the same as a regular 350 has only 28 inch rear tires. Our 350 also had room to have all 3 hydraulic valves by the rear of the seat, not on the front end of the seat where your leg keeps hitting them. I've seen several 300 and 350 utilities around in my time but never a 460 utility around these parts or any other parts where I have been.

well with that poor paint job 800.00 would be as high as i would go. wrong seat also. tires look decent. left as an original untouched painted tractor it would be worth more.

My neck of the woods about $300.00. Spend around $1500 for tires and then you need battery, seat, and who knows what else.

Now I'm starting to see where the tire problem is. Pictures can be tough to spot stuff in sometimes.

FWIW, IH made less than 400 total, of the 460 hi utilities.
Yours has been repainted sometime, as the grille was white originally. Only difference from a regular utility is the bar axles/38 rear tires and the longer front spindles, so parts shouldn't be too scarce. I bought one and brought it back to life a year ago. I have way more in it than I will ever get back, but it was the first 6 cylinder/ power steering tractor I ever drove, back when it was only a couple years old. I was about 12 at the time.
cvphoto113462.jpg

I'd give the fan a pull to see if the engine is stuck. IF stuck junk price. If not then negotiate with them. If tires hold air they at least would let you put that off till you find some better if just a trailer queen deal they would be good enough.

Mike: I sure would like to talk to you about this 460 if you could give me a call sometime. 317-674-5350 Thanks Jim L.

Try to spin the motor with the fan,you my need to push the fan belt down to spin it. If it is locked up $500.00. I want the grass bagger cart and the set of JD lug tires.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back