Problems with my massey ferguson bachoe loader 50H

Noaksy

New User
Gday i have a old massey ferguson bachoe loader 50H and i changed al the filters and put new hydraulic oil in her but im still having problems with the forward and reverse and the power steering goes at the same time. When i pulled the filters out for a second time to see if they were dirty i had power steering and drive for about one minute or so then nothing. I had the back wheels and front off the ground the second time and still lost it all. When i purchased the machine i couldnt believe state of the filters the hydraulic pump at the front was making a bad grinding noise but this has since disappeared with new oil and filters in it. Im looking for a work shop manual atm and im in darwin Australia any help would be appreciated thanks.

If all that is driven off the front pump, look closely at the drive spline.

Common problem for the spline inside the pump shaft to strip. The pump will appear to be turning, and may be turning, until a load is applied.

Thanks steve could you tell me how the tractor drives of the hydraulic pump as im confused why the steering goes at the same time as the drive. I also never had load on the old girl as i had both set of wheels up in the air and as mentioned i did have drive and steering for a minute or so , or is this what you mean it just takes a bit to not work. Sorry im just trying to get my head around it as i cant even find info how to get the hydraulic pump off as i tried but could only get the 8 bolts of the face and no further

I'm not familiar with how the hydraulics of that particular tractor work.

There is a Massey Ferguson board below, someone might have an answer there.

But before taking anything apart, be sure you have diagnosed the problem. Hydraulics are too expensive and complicated to be guessing the problem.

If you are going to be maintaining this, a shop manual will more than pay for itself in mistakes not made!

The stripped spline is just a good place to start looking, a common problem.

Should you see that the spline is the problem, the pump should be mounted to a bracket. Once the bracket is unbolted, and the lines removed, the pump should pull off the spline shaft. It may be difficult to remove if the shaft has spun or is rusted in.

Be sure the lift and bucket are fully down or securely blocked before loosening any hydraulic lines!

Ok ill do all that thank you very much Steve ill shout you a beer if your ever over this way I really appreciate the advice

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back