Progress on my Case 431T firewood machine.

Adirondack case guy

Well, I'm making some progress since last posting about the construction of a 2 post canopy for my tractor. The formed roof panel that I had bent to my specs. is here and setting on the frame.
I got side tracked from the 2 post to making tool carriers for my saws, gas, tool box, and other accessories that come in handy when blocking and splitting firewood. I will build bolt on tool and gas can holders for the fold out frames. The frames fold out 90 degrees and pin there, for ease of use and to facilitate access to the engine.
I got another stash of Kubota shipping crates, so I cut some apart to make RH &LH fold out tool carriers on the front of the tractor. I had a complete set of mtg. brackets for a 4 row front mtd. cultivator, which served as the basic mtgs for the grill guard, and the swing out tool carrier frames. I will even mount a small vise on one rail to clamp the saws in for sharpening.
I also extended the tractor floor boards farther forward and added a "grampy step" to each side, making it easier to climb aboard.
I also put the finishing touches on the "Limb Dog" that I built to hold limbs at waist height when blocking them. It is a modular accessory that slides onto the rails of the splitter catch pan and the winch cable on the gin pole snugs it up and adds support to it.
Loren
a252123.jpg

a252124.jpg

a252125.jpg

a252126.jpg

a252127.jpg

a252128.jpg

a252129.jpg

a252131.jpg

a252133.jpg

I have seen your pictures of this set up many times. I have never commented about it. So I cant take it anymore. That rig really looks good and would be a work saver. I have always thought of the elevator from the splitter to a pickup myself. It is all awesome. But i also like the saw rack. Keeps them safe and organized. Job well done! What next?

This is what happens when a vison meets ingenuity and then talent good job tree huggers have someone new to hate lol 👀

Loren, you is one designing, fabbing and welding dude!! My hat is off to you for all your hard work and fantastic end results! Do you ever build something we don't see that gets cut up and redesigned!? I like the way you make the items that help you get up/down, make it easier on the body. I tell the guys at work-work smarter, not harder.

Sure are glad someone was good enough to get you some more crates, I was feeling bad in that I still have about 40 but just not close enough to share. Work looks good.

Good to have a canopy, anyone that drives a tractor in the woods should have one! Way back in the 60's the paper mill required their loggers to have canopies on their equipment.

Quick update, Shop was about 65F this afternoon. We got up to 0F this afternoon with no wind.
I fabed up the tray for the gas and oil jugs for the saws on the LH side, plus I will make holders for ax and splitting maul on the LH side.I decided that the vise that I want to mount to clamp the saws to sharpen them will be mounted on RH side. Will work better with the PEX; length gauges that I have on mounted on the saws.
More to follow.
Loren
a252255.jpg

a252256.jpg

Jon, the wood lot and I are in" good Harmony" at present. The dead and disabled trees satisfy my heating needs, and the woods is healthy, and thriving. I harvest the logs with the Kubota B2150 and my home built skidding arch, which leaves minimal impact in the woods, and drag the harvestable logs and tops to landings on established roads where I can get the 431T splitting rig and the small trailer on the 440, or the 831C with the big wood hauler in easily.
Yea, I could have firewood logs delivered to my house and sell firewood, but everyone and their brothers are in the firewood business, including a couple of loggers who have "BIG TIME" firewood processors, and delivery trucks.
I'm happy sitting back enjoying my wood heat during this cold spell, rather than trying to accommodate some customer who ran short of wood.
Loren

Kevin, It's a comfey 63F, and much warmer close to the wood boiler.
We topped out at 0 outside today with no wind and bright sunshine.
Loren

jm, I guess some of the smaller GT tractors are still being shipped in non returnable crates. I also picked up a crate for a RC 60 mower deck. lots of angle iron and flats.
Loren
PS I will send you an e-mail with my USPS addy so you can send me the fuel filter base.

All I can say is WOW! What is your painting process and how are the saws fastened to the arms?

Thanks for all the nice pictures.

Paul

I will build a pair of wooden scabbards from some ash boards that I have and bolt them to the RH frame.
As far as painting, I will just apply some cheap rattle can primer and paint the CNH colors on in spring when I can get outside to paint with the gun.
Loren

happy new year to all of yours. This kitten seems to be fascinated by the fire. The pair are holy terrors together. Nothing is safe from them.
Beth.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back