Question for LP Experts

Don Rudolph

While driving my DC3 LP gas over to the tractor show on full throttle it started running on only 2 cylinders, until I idled it down and then it ran fine. Yesterday it did the exact same thing on the way home. I tried full throttle several times with the same result every time. Any ideas? This previously was a great running tractor and I am no expert on LP gas power. Thanks, Don

Nowhere near a propane expert but worked on a few propane forklifts in my day. I am going to just assume you knew it needed to be on liquid if you are running it at higher rpm with any kind of a load. It sounds like this could be a fuel delivery problem. Particularly if this happened after you ran a ways at full throttle and if maybe you were going up a bit of a grade. The parts book shows it may have a filter, although this could have been optional. Maybe not for a farm tractor, not knowing what all the LP might go through before it gets into the tractor. You can see it in the link under Section 03 Fuel System, subsections 051 and 055. By web searching for the filter using ..6261 propane filter.. some came up, a bit spendy. I would pull it out and if the elements part does not look too fragile I would try to plug the inner section with plastic hydraulic dust plugs. Then wash and rinse it out in gasoline. Blow it off holding the air nozzle no closer than 6 inches away. Then let it air dry a half hour or so. Hopefully the seal holds when it is put back together, if one is available is anybodys guess.
CNHI Case DC online parts catalog

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered filters in the past, but they were too long for the Ensign housing. I will check it out and clean it as you suggest.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back