Re: Massey Ferguson 65 clutch won''t release after I fixe

brujan

New User
Thanks for your encouragement. I have started preparing the old gal for the division. I have removed all the tin,discarded steering,linkages and such. I am currently studying getting the temperature gauge out of the block. It's being difficult and not cooperating with the plan. It's stuck and as I remember if you force it the hollow fitting will crush. Then you move to chisels. Today I will try to find a line wrench >I don't have. I am making stands to support the tractor halves out of tire rims welded together. I have looked at YouTube videos and I see nothing but wobbly skinny stuff under the tractor. It gives me the queezies. A Massey Ferguson actual shop manual is on its way, I hope today.
I think I know what broke the clutch lever. My neighbor has suggested that because of very loose pedal linkage and lack of the pto plate from ever being released for a long time, caused the pto clutch to be quite stuck to its self. When I bought the tractor the ground clutch started to disengage halfway down and the pedal was all the way to floor before it was fully released. When I fixed the linkage travel issue so full action of both stages of the clutch could take place, the release lever snapped! I remember the pedal was quite stiff after the adjustment and became easier to push after that. Wish I had left it alone.
So I will update how the tractor dividing goes. I am planning on getting a complete clutch kit from All states Ag Parts, it comes with alignment tool, oil seal and throwout bearing. About $250 US. Anyone know of anything better?
Thanks, Bruce

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back