mike wallace
New User
Hi:
I am going to rebuild my 1955 Ford 600. I am trying to decide if I should install an overbore sleeve kit. This tractor has been used on the same farm for approx 35 years; it always seemed to have enough power to do the job. So much of the modern equipment requires a minimum HP to run the equipment efficiently. This is the only tractor I own and I don't do much farming anymore, but if I do I don't want to be short on HP. What kind of a HP gain can be expected by going with the 3.5 O/B kit? I am planning a complete job head, to crank, are there potential problems by going O/B, like over heating or excessive strain on old mechanical parts?
Thanks,
Mike
I am going to rebuild my 1955 Ford 600. I am trying to decide if I should install an overbore sleeve kit. This tractor has been used on the same farm for approx 35 years; it always seemed to have enough power to do the job. So much of the modern equipment requires a minimum HP to run the equipment efficiently. This is the only tractor I own and I don't do much farming anymore, but if I do I don't want to be short on HP. What kind of a HP gain can be expected by going with the 3.5 O/B kit? I am planning a complete job head, to crank, are there potential problems by going O/B, like over heating or excessive strain on old mechanical parts?
Thanks,
Mike