Reclaiming my tractor shop.

Adirondack case guy

I built this attached garage/shop onto my house back in 1988. Never found time to properly construct a fire wall, on the house wall, and as time went on, it became totally cluttered with unfinished projects.
Well since I am retired now, and the cold weather has stiffuled outdoor projects, I started attacking the jungle of "stuff" in my 40x24" shop area. I posed a pic of the 64 930 that unfortunately will be setting outside this winter a week ago. took a day to move the "stuff" away from the house wall so I could apply proper drywall, for a fire stop.
Got that done and been painting the wall to Case dealer colors.
I am now known down at RI where I worked as sales mgr, 88-92 as "Kubota Crate" These light gauge steel crates are great for my construction projects. This entire steel bench support system is made from dismantled Kubota shipping crates.
Also the firewood frame, which is detachable from the running gear is also a build last week from crates.I have lugged them home for two decades now and have fabed all kinds of things from them. I give them a cash contribution for the ( coffee fund) and load my PU. Later as winter settles in, I will post pics of my projects from these crates. I have also fabed a light weight steel door for my woodshed this week, which I am installing this weekend also. Got the idea from 1370 Rod, who used the gas cylinders from a 90 series hood to hold his door open. I haven't found used gas strutts yet. so I will just use a prop for the time being. Pics., next week.
Jon sent bitter cold weather from MN here for the last few days, but he promised me some warmer weather this weekend so I can hang the door. HeHe.
The last pic. is of my "Pondering Time" where I reflect on the day's progress, and formulate, in my mind a design plan for tomarrows projects. wink!!
Loren.
a135419.jpg

a135420.jpg

a135421.jpg

a135422.jpg

looks good Loren.
If you have a car salvage yard near,You might be able to use the gas struts from a car hood. My boy has a '88 Toronado with gas struts for the hood.
Nick

Loren, when do you sleep? Gee you really get the things done! Looks good to me!
Dan

Loren it looks to me like you always have great end results for what ever project you are tackling. Sure like the paint scheme on the wall, Rod.

Amazing, all the projects looks great. I wish I had your energy. I'm retired also. Thanks for posting the pics.

Loren,

Looks like a nice, toasty place to enjoy the winter. It also appears as though it might be a job that requires special beverages. ;-)

I've not been able to read the name on the cans of "plan formulating potion" in the last picture…. do tell?

Genesee. Or the local name, Genny. It's a brew that's one step up from lizard spit but most of us were raised on it because it was the cheapest thing in the cooler, unless you could find Genny Bock Beer which was the dregs from the vats left over after they took the "good stuff" out. It was chewy and has lots of stuff floating around in it, some which appeared to be swimming! For many years tourists in the Adirondacks and throughout rural NY thought that the cans grew wild along the roadsides! In the interest of keeping people guessing and adding to natures color palate, Genny kindly introduced Genny Cream Ale with a green "bullseye" instead of the red. It's wonderful laxative qualities were a boost to Charmin sales throughout the area!

Bret

Thanks for the information on Genny, and a great laugh this morning….. It's refreshing to she Genny and the makers of Charmin working together to create "solutions" for their customers.

Bret: Why don't you tell us what you really think about Genny Beer? Miss Genny, in her time, was hot though.

Looks good Loren. Trust me on the temps, a few really nice days are coming for you. Looks like it will be hovering just above freezing for a week or so here, just like I like it. I can't wait to see your projects too.

Grainbelt has the same reputation here for the same reasons. It's brewed here in minneapolis. Does everyone think Their local brew is substandard? LOL
I'm not a beer drinker so I'm no judge.

(quoted from post at 05:57:01 11/15/13) Bret: Why don't you tell us what you really think about Genny Beer? Miss Genny, in her time, was hot though.

Miss Genny! Hadn't thought of her in years!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/original_190070_8L2No5kmGwkGX4gkWBQMIFEFz.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.coroflot.com/majgraphics/illustration&h=792&w=1224&sz=109&tbnid=Jjs5P6a06OBQUM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=139&zoom=1&usg=__rIERzz9JVg9NuLeHaR4Z9ACS0_E=&docid=6BLVuVAcOmRW0M&sa=X&ei=E1aGUp_fF5Ki4APy2YHACg&ved=0CDoQ9QEwAw

(quoted from post at 07:07:43 11/15/13) Bret,
Don't forget Schultz and Dully, and good old Utica Club. Do you still have your S&D beer mugs?
Loren

Folks had them in their bar! I do have my "Bud Man" mug someplace out in the shop.

Don't forget Black Label (yuk!), Shaefer and Schlitz!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back