red light ta dump valve light wiring

My light is not working. Can someone tell me how the circuit works and or provide a wiring diagram? Family had a 1066 growing up and this is a different 1066 with a cab I purchased. Overall seems good except wiring is pretty cracked up and can't keep lights working. When you turn on the key the gauges do come on but I have never seen the red light on. Initially it would kind of stick in gear and i had to turn off the engine to get it out of gear. I have adjusted the engine clutch, transmission brake and dump valve per the manual. I do have a service manual. It says "To adjust the dump valve, depress clutch pedal until stop lug "C" on clutch pedal strikes platform. Turn the dump valve operating screw "G" until lever "B" moves dump valve pin "AA" 3/8 inch. (IS THIS 3/8 INCH OF TRAVEL WHEN USING CLUTCH OR 3.8 INCH OF MOVEMENT PROVIDED BY ADJUSTING DUMP VALVE FORK?) Secure with jam nut. Seems to work ok but I would like to see that light working to confirm my adjustments are correct.

This post was edited by oleredtractors on 04/16/2022 at 02:09 pm.

Hello oldred welcome to YT! When you get the light
working I will link an older YT post that includes a
procedure to adjust the TA credited to a poster on here
that went by Tractor Vet. He probably would have
replied to this but he recently got his ..undies in a
wad.. and quit posting. His process accounts for wear
in the linkage as these tractors age. Essentially the
light going off shows the TA has pressure and its
clutches are engaged and if all is right are not slipping.
Meaning the main clutch is engaging 2nd so it is doing
all work to get the tractor in motion.
Old YT post

First off... You wonder about the wiring. With the key on if you unhook the wire at
the sending unit under the dump valve and ground it to chassis the light should come
on. If not check the bulb,unscrew the red lens on the light and remove the bulb to
check it. If good bulb then either bad wire or sender unit. When you get the light
working then that makes alot easier for adjusting the dump valve. With the clutch
pedal all the way depressed the light should be on and flashing. With the tractor in
hi second and begin releasing the clutch the light should go out before the tractor
begins to move. This is very important because if out of adjustment then main clutch
is engaged and now the TA clutch has to lock up and begin moving the tractor. You
would also notice a double shift of the TA after tractor starts moving, from TA to
direct drive,if the TA handle is in direct drive. Should also make sure the snap ring
is bottomed out on the TA spool when in direct drive

Thank you. I am not getting the light to come on when grounding the wire to the transmission pressure sensor. I have turned the red lens counterclockwise as hard as I can with my fingers. Is it just the red plastic that unscrews or does it twist the base where the metal is and unscrew from a nut on the back? I know i can take the dash apart but all the wiring is very brittle and the rest of the gauges work correctly.

tried to post pictures but got this message even when i deleted my entire post.

"We are sorry, your post contained one or more words that are restricted due to either YT User Community standards or are common indicators of spamming, cracking, or spambot activity. This was most likely accidental but for obvious reasons, the list of such words cannot be published. Please press back arrow and remove any obvious words or unusual character sequences that would not normally occur in speech." Thank you to the moderators I realize it is a war to keep ahead of the spam.

This post was edited by oleredtractors on 04/25/2022 at 07:00 pm.

Is the ta spool the hydraulic valve thing that's vertical that goes into the left side of the tractor and is controlled up or down by the ta handle? If so I have a leak of hydraulic oil and i don't think it is bottoming out on the snap ring on the spool. It's probably 1/4 inch from bottoming out. It's also still got red paint just under that snap ring so i am a little paranoid about it completely bottoming out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back