replacing broken zerk fittings

Anonymous-0

i need to replace 2 broken off 3/16 straght zerk fittings . what is the best procedure ? i have the part disassmbled . can i drive the broken off fitting on through ?

Grease zerks are pipe tread so they have to come out the same way they went in. You may need to heat them up some to get them out and then you should be able to unscrew them
<ul><li><a href="http://www.geocities.com/trants_mrg/ourhobbyfarm.html">Hobby farm</a></ul>

Quite a few of the zerks on newer equipment are not threaded, but rather are of the drive-in or push in style, but I think even those are slightly tapered so you probably cannot just push them on through and out the other end. You might try screwing a small sheet metal crew into the zerk and pulling it out??
Only other thing would be to drill it out.

You didn"t say how yours is broken. I always find a dremel tool with a fiber reinforced cutoff wheel handy. Also, can you drill and use an easyout? Can you take the part off to clean out any metal shavings afterwards? What parts are we talking about here?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back