Replacing the fuel sendiing unit

Texasmark

Since you guys are batting a thousand on helping me, (with the talent available on here why would anyone expect anything else.....grin) since I have to remove my cowling to fix my PS leak, I now have access to my rusted-in-place fuel sending unit on my 3600.

I'll bet someone on here has BTDT and knows all the tricks to get it out without damanging the tank. I'm all ears....grin.
Thanks,
Mark

Blow all the dirt and grime out from around it. Use a good penetrant oil to help with the rust. A dull flat screwdriver and a ball peen hammer to unlock the retaining ring should do the trick. That is all i have ever needed to remove the unit. Not rocket science.

Well thank you sir. I have a can of Kroil PO, such a screwdriver, several hammers, the instrument panel is replaced but not yet installed and working the tach drive (sending unit on the oil pump outlet) and just the time to get it changed. The PS leak that popped up a couple of days ago just disappeared so removing the cowling will not happen.....just yet......so your enthusiastic support is just the ticket.

Full of enthusiasm I went after the job this AM and hit a brick wall immediately....it wasn't budging and the ears were weak. Got out the Dremel grinder and ground through a section of the nut. A little Picking and Grinning (Roy Clark) and I had an ear up and it was out. The rest is history and I'm ordering a replacement when I finish this.

So thanks again for motivating me to get in and get after what I lazily felt couldn't be done.

Just remember.....sir, your support made it happen and I am thrilled to have a functional fuel gauge (when the new parts arrive).....with a diesel engine no less.

Yesterday I installed the new one, piece of cake. New instrument cluster now shows my fuel level. Sure thought I was going to lose this one. Now if I can get my tach drive question solved and get my oil pressure bulb to work, I will be a happy camper....the sending unit works, just getting the bulb to work...but today I'm going to the store and picking up some new 1895 bulbs and see how that goes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back