Anonymous-0

I purchased a piston, sleeve,ring set from this site. Can I trust that the rings are all gapped properly or would that just be dumb. What about the oil rings do I gap them the same way?
As always thanks for the help.

I measured my rings from this site and they were good.
Just to be sure, drop the ring into the cylinder and run it down with the piston so it sits in the cylider evenly. Pull the piston out and with the ring abou an inch down, measure your end gap.
I did my engine about two years ago or about 71.4 hours according to the hour meter I hooked in.
The supplier might have changed since I did mine so double check it to be sure.
If the ring gap is too tight you can bust off the top piston ring land, score the cylinder and crack the sleeve.
Are you in that much of a hurry?

I think it is common practice when rebuilding an engine to gap the rings always. You can never be too sure especially with something so critical.

It is always better to check the Rings and not rely on the gap being correct unless the Pistons come inserted in the Sleeve from the manufacturer. It's too late if you break some for the sake of checking them.
If they are all separate, which a lot are, you should definitely check each one.
Gap all the rings the same way. If you need the correct gaps, just tell us what the engine is and we can send it to [email protected]

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back