Saturday tractor show pictures

crsutton81

cvphoto165448.jpg

Today the local tractor club held their antique tractor show and plow day in Lagrange NC. The weather today was perfect for a show with clear skies and the temperature in the low 80's. There was a good turnout of people I thought. This year was the first time that we were able to attend, and participate the whole day due to I'm waiting on soybean harvest to be able to start next week possibly. I will post pictures of what I had time to snap one of, as there was a good amount to take in. It may take more than 1 posting.
cvphoto165449.jpg

At about 9am, the plowing began in the field with the tractors. This gentleman brought his Ford 601 and disk. He did most of the disking.
cvphoto165450.jpg

Here is a Farmall 140 and 2 bottom IH model 215 plow at work. Here is where some of the drooling for me and my 2 boys began for the day, as this is some of what we grew up with.
cvphoto165451.jpg

Here's one for Larry on the Corner. It wasn't long before this gentleman joined in with his Ford 3000 and 3 bottom plow. They had it going on for awhile. We had to go meet some guests coming so I'm not sure what else joined in.
cvphoto165455.jpg

Upon walking through the grounds I spotted this 1925 Ford. It sure sounded very good as they drove it around a bit in the area.
cvphoto165456.jpg

Here is a nice '35 JD B
cvphoto165458.jpg

This International Hebard tractor was a new one on me. I have been accustomed to seeing the boxy style tugs with the SA engines in them that was used in the IH dealers shop to jockey dead tractors around.
cvphoto165459.jpg

cvphoto165460.jpg

My oldest son Grayson brought his '60 year model Farmall 140 while his younger brother brought his '53 year model Farmall Cub to show. Next to the 140 was a JD 3010 LP. About this time, the draft horses started plowing in the field, but we missed seeing it as it was dinner time and did not want to miss the good BBQ. Lol.
cvphoto165461.jpg

Here is a lineup of Cubs. Cub lowboy, Farmall Cub, Farmall Cub High Clearance, and a Farmall A.

cvphoto165462.jpg

Here is a Farmall H, M, and an MD.
cvphoto165463.jpg

Getting more into my wheelhouse, a nice looking Farmall 100 with the fertlizer sidedresser. Boy did that bring back memories of using the one we now have that grandaddy bought new.
cvphoto165464.jpg

A Farmall 130. I thought my youngest son would wash out the driveway from heavy drooling seeing this as he wants one terribly.
cvphoto165465.jpg

An IH 464 diesel. It sure looked sharp compared to the one we had. Caught a few naps on ours after dinner as a youngin while I was supposed to be driving the harvester, at a whopping .08 mph cropping baccer. That water keg on the front of the harvester always had ice cold water in it when the croppers would get tired of me getting off the row. Lol.

cvphoto165466.jpg

A nice IH 574 diesel.
cvphoto165467.jpg

There was certainly a lot to look at and no way to photo everything. We sure had a great time.

Beautiful place to hold the show!, great turnout of nice equipment! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.
Really well put together. Nice captions.
Helps put a timeframe to the machines.

Neat stories too.
Just like us ,(when we see neat machines) can I take that one home?

Thanks for sharing your time. GG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back