SE Nebraska Magneto Charger Needed

Anyone near SE Nebraska that has a magneto charger available? I need the horseshoe magnet on my Farmall F-12 remagnetized, and the cost of building the charger is prohibitive.

Please email me at snipertrr8 (at) gmail.com if you can be of assistance. Thanks, Braden

Parallel path; give a shout out through
Smokstak. Those stationary engine guys
have been very helpful to me. I fact one
guy brought the kit to do exactly that out
to help me get my engine going.

Ever hear of Pruitt in Omaha, now Ty's Outdoor Power, they rebuilt a mag for me years ago, see if they still work with mags.

Next time you see a scrap microwave, get the
transformer out of it. Run a diode in series 110 vac,
(the primary winding) . Recharges all that magnet
will hold in one second.
cvphoto139580.jpg

Ok, my son straightened me out on this... you will actually need 2 microwaves ... one transformer intact to operate a SECONDARY, not primary, winding shown in the picture. The intact transformer is plugged into wall current, and one transformer is cut apart to remove the secondary winding which is installed on the magnet. It sounds a little involved, but still doesnt cost anything.

A more in depth description of the microwave trick would be awesome. It would make a good sticky if fully described so even non electronic savvy guys like me could build one. I have some scrap microwaves.

You're able to recharge mags? Of any kind? I've a Case mag from the early 50s in need and none of the mag folks around here will tackle it any more....... 3 different ones in mid Mn claim they can't get parts. I don't need parts, just someone to give the magnet a thrill. Larry

I cant draw a schematic on my phone, I will put the
whole system together and take a picture of it for
you, within the next 24 hours.

Here is complete assembly ready to go. The primary (heavy windings) is wired for a plug for an ordinary 120v outlet. The breaker is turned off and the transformer plugged in. Flip the breaker for two seconds and turn it off. Some transformers will trip the breaker automatically, but in either case the magnet is done. Set magnet on a piece of steel before charging, and leave it stuck to something the whole time you are working on the mag, to help it retain its magnetism. To get a secondary winding to put on the magnet, take another microwave transformer and cut the welds holding it together, then gently remove the secondary without damaging the varnish insulation on the windings. The last part you will need is a diode... does not need to be any particular value, just a little on the large side... the one shown is about as big as a pencil. If you are stealing it from a board, unsolder instead of cutting because the legs are going to be really short as it is, unless you buy a new one.

cvphoto139773.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back