Shiny new (to me) IH 350 LP Utility

Hey, first post here. Just acquired a IH350 LP Utility, that appears to be in really great original condition. It appears to be in really great mechanical condition, and the sheet metal is good except for one ding on the "nose".

As far as I know, it was bought new by a propane service company to mow the grounds with, and that is all it has ever done. The steering is as tight as it left the factory, and it has TA and a fast-hitch 3pt on it. New front tires on it, and checked but usable rear tires on spin-out rims.

They had not been able to start it for 3 years and the owner said if I wanted it I could have it for $600. 2 batter cables, one ignition switch, one coil, and 4 hours later I drove it up on the trailer.

The oil looked like you had changed it yesterday. I think you could literally service the fluids, paint it, and use it for a show tractor. Oh, it does need wiring work. Looking under the dash, I think the original problem was the employees tasked with mowing wanted something newer and tore out a few wires. It still needs a new starter relay and wiring for same. I had to jump it with cables across the solenoid.

Soooo, did I do good? ;^)

Alan, Yes, I would agree that you did very good.

I will kid Wayne however that maybe you have used up your luck today with tractor purchase so don't buy a lottery ticket ☺

On the other hand maybe the tractor deal is start of a string of good luck so go ahead and buy one. You should have money left to buy after that good deal. ☺

Congratulations, Bill

Hi and well done Allan, here in the UK if we found a tractor in that condition we would NOT paint it. If you paint it it will be just another
painted tractor but if you leave it as it is there will not be another one just like it in the USA. Just my thoughts Allan and enjoy your tractor. MJ

Alan, Did You do good? I will give you $100 profit over what you have in it+parts & time + the hauling to your house! And I will come after it tomorrow! From Texas...LOL H3LL Yes, You Dun Good!!! Like rung the Big Brass Bell Kinda Good!
Later,
John A.

Sounds neat. I would imagine that a 350 Utility LP would be somewhat of a rare tractor. I would also think that spin-out rims on a utility would be a little unusual.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back