Signs that Maybe Spring is Finally Springing in Cen. NY.

Adirondack case guy

Well after another week of sub freezing temps. and daily snow squalls, we had a decent day. It got up to 51F this afternoon. The robins, blackbirds, turkey buzards, and starlings are back. Our front flower gardens are showing signs of spring also. Went up to the back forty and started working on my 2014 firewood supply, today.
The sap starded to run again this afternoon after being frozen solid since Easter Sunday when we gathered last. We,ve made just over 200 gals. of light to mediun amber maple syrup, so far. This comming week we will wrap it up, We hopefully will get to planting oats and seeding after that. if the snow goes and we get some warm spring rains. It's getting late now, And the frost is still in the ground.
If any of you, still wish to order syrup my e-mail is open. Thanks to all of you who have ordered.
Loren, the Acg
a110127.jpg

a110128.jpg

a110130.jpg

a110131.jpg

a110132.jpg

Spring finally seems to have sprung today in PA too. Daffodils are pushing up, some of the small stuff is actually blooming.

It was nice enough that I actually put the plows on the 770 and plowed a few acres that was thawed out. I came in a few minutes ago as it was a lot colder than when I started, and didn't have enough clothes on.

We thought spring was headed our way until we got around 5 inches of snow today in Wytheville, VA.

well that's encouraging to see ,, we also have a few bloomin here loren ,,. but they are a hardy lot,..best sign of spring is to look at the date calendar ,but it sure don't seem rite , because the weather is still stuck in February around these parts ,, had ice in the water bucket nearly every morning for a month,, sposed to get to 70 thru weekend ,,.sure seems to be a normal year ,thatis,, IT aint nuthin like any of the previous 10 years, That's Normal !

Loren

You truly inhabit a beautiful corner of paradise. Your pictures show the beauty of every season. Please keep them coming. - Joe

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back