Sinking 3 point on a 60 SOLVED

A week ago or so I posted about my 60 with a new to me 3 point hitch. I have the special selector valve in the top of the box, to switch from remotes to rockshaft. The tractor has been used with a 45 loader for a LONG time now and probably never had much if any rockshaft use. I've been testing the 3 point with the loader still hooked up, I know the circuits are tied together and can't be used separately, but I just wanted to test function before I do a few other modifications.

When using the rockshaft it would raise, but it was spongey, I'd put my weight on it and it would sink. It was also doing a lot of drifting down. I MIGHT have fixed the drifting down by topping off the hydraulic fluid. If I had the tractor set for remote cylinder use, the loader would raise, and the 3 point would fall. I had the hoses backward.

Finally got around to playing today, first thing I did was swap the hoses. I set it for 3 point, raised the hitch and it was now rock solid. If I would lower the 3 point it would lower, but the spongeyness was back, it would fall under my weight, and I'd step off and it'd rise up. Raise it partially and stop and it would be solid, but if I lowered it, there would be sponge.

Finally just unhooked the hoses from the loader, and the 3 point was rock solid and acting properly in both up and down positions

So having the hoses in the circuit on down allowed some give, and having it reversed before made it give in the rise position

Brandon

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back