Solved! Stuck up 3 point on 8N

Crashfarmer

The 3 point hitch on the 8N I bought on the 28th of September was stuck in the up position. I was using my H Farmall today and got to thinking that since the H has 2 way hydraulics on it the Stanhoist loader has down pressure. So, thought it was worth a try. Pressed down on the 3 point and it went down immediately.

I backed the H up,shut it off, and started the 8N. Raised the 3 point, stuck up again.

I started the H, moved it into position, lowered the loader, 3 point went down again.

Shut the H off and just left it with the John Deere snow bucket on top of the Ford's 3 point hitch.

I raised and lowered the 3 point several times with the loader on top of the 3 point. By the time the 2 tractors worked themselves apart, the hitch went up and down flawlessly.

I assume that some little speck of rust or debris accumulated in the wrong spot and caused the problem.
Solved, stuck up 3 point problem.

May not have been hydraulic issue. Could have been corrosion where the lift arm shafts exit the case.

But thanks for the update.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back