I agree their prices are steep. You have to understand their quality on MOST of their tools has always been supreme. Back in the day we did not had the luxury of quality cheap tools like we do today. If you use any tool daily you are gonna ware it out it goes in cycles for me, 20 years seams to be the cycle so if you brought Snap-on you get a new replacement tool every cycle.

You can beat your chest about your Williams are SK who is going to replace them when they ware out. BTW I have both that are worn out/broke they have served me well but are artifacts now.

Folks buy an extended warranty on their truck but not on their tools. Before I brought an extended warranty on a truck I would buy a better truck! its the same with tools you buy the extended warranty up front.

Bought a snap off die grinder off internet . 2 years ago took it to my friend who ran a repair shop. He turned it in for me. Snappy wouldn t take it or fix it. Said I never bought it from him . So when the guy on the truck quits- there goes your guarantee!

One year back when my house was a stop on his route my wife says you spent $6000 dollars on the Snap-On truck last year But honey I bought the Harley-Davidson tool box ,that was 3500 right there .

Well myself i have S & K ratchets , Two i have had since way back in 1962 when i first started buying my own tools , my 3/8ths and short 1/2 inch are part of me , Yep they had had the innereds replaced a time or two my long half inch and my 3/4 drive both have broken and replaced . when the owner of the construction company gave me my own company truck he filled it with everything in the Mac tool book but the ratchets as nobody liked the mac ratchet and that was when we started liking S&K . All full time employees had a company truck and we all got tools , my boss and i had mac , the lead shovel ./ crane guy had WRIGHT TOOLS one guy had Armstrong and one had Proto My bosses tools were marked with three grind marks and mine had two To this day i still prefer mac wrenches

Ive used em all... I do prefer snap on ratchets... but have a dukes mixture of everything.. the biggest problem i have here is the local snap on guy.. I walked on with a ratchet i bought in college (its been a few decades) wanted him to get me a head repair kit for it (id of payed for the kit).. his answer was that i hadnt bought it from him so he wasnt going to warranty it. (but he would sure sell me a new one) My temper flared i picked up my college ratchet and got off his truck havent been back on it since. the next time the matco man showed up i told him what had happened.. dont know how he did it, but 2 weeks and he got it fixed for me... let me say you deal with who treats you best..

I have a few standard length Snap-on ratchets I dislike they never had a smooth working system. They have been rebuilt and oiled to death they are my last resort. That being said I have two Snap-on long handle ratchets one is a flex head I would not take a share in a gold mine for either. They are uses daily smooth as silk and easy on the body.

At this time the best deal is a Titan you can buy rebuild kits for $12/14 off amazon. The older SK round heads ratchets were the best that's all the older mechanics would use/buy. Craftsman anything under 1/2" is pure junk. They had a professional series the most uncomfortable ratchets I have ever use.

I may work on 5 vehicles at a time that's why have have double triple multiple sets of the same tools.

(quoted from post at 19:26:55 10/28/23).. the next time the matco man showed up i told him what had happened.. dont know how he did it, but 2 weeks and he got it fixed for me... let me say you deal with who treats you best..

A new Matco salesman stopped by the shop a few weeks ago passing out goodies. The more I dug into it the more I came to understand. With Matco you are paying Snap On prices for Harbor Freight tools.

Only a fool would pay over $800 for a Matco 1/2" 20 volt impact wrench when the exact same tool is sold for less than $300 at Harbor Freight.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back