Sorting Threads in Order of Original Posting Date/Time?

One thing I liked about Classic View was the arrangement of threads based on the time they were originally posted, rather than the time of the last reply. With them sorted that way, I could peruse them comprehensively by reviewing all the pages that had popped up since my last visit. Does the new system have a way to sort the threads in the same order that Classic View did?

Thanks,

Neil

Neil,

This has been requested by several people. Right now if they are doing off topic in tales, the pull down the thread list Filters and select First message which accommodates this. It looks like this.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 14.53.16.png

For off-topic, Tractor tales, this restores that functionality.

The difficulty with this filter setting is that when you browse away from Tractor Tales (For example, after reading Tales, you select to read the JD forum), it will not remember that setting for Tales and when you return, you'll have to set it again. I'm going to fix this but am awaiting information from the software developers to make sure they have not already covered this so I don't reinvent the wheel. When this is fixed, tales will sort by that order optionally through a preference and the setting will remain constant.

Neil,

This has been requested by several people. Right now if they are doing off topic in tales, the pull down the thread list Filters and select First message which accommodates this. It looks like this.

View attachment 1505

For off-topic, Tractor tales, this restores that functionality.

The difficulty with this filter setting is that when you browse away from Tractor Tales (For example, after reading Tales, you select to read the JD forum), it will not remember that setting for Tales and when you return, you'll have to set it again. I'm going to fix this but am awaiting information from the software developers to make sure they have not already covered this so I don't reinvent the wheel. When this is fixed, tales will sort by that order optionally through a preference and the setting will remain constant.
Excellent! Thanks so much for that (and everything else you do):)

Neil

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back